Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Windows 8.1 System Image

Options
Charyb
Charyb ✭✭✭
edited May 2014 in Antivirus

When I run Windows System Image, I receive an error that the backup failed.

When I turn Bitdefender's on-access scanning off the backup finishes as it should.

I have not had this type of problem creating Windows System Image using other antivirus software and have never had to turn Bitdefender off before this time.

Please see attached image for error message.

W8.1 x64

post-63102-1398968116_thumb.png

Comments

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    Options

If it is any consolation I can't do a system restore on Win 7 with Bitdefender running. Not a big problem as I have rarely had to do one and if it is because of an extra layer of protection I am OK with it. :)

• Nesivos
    Nesivos
    edited May 2014
    Options
    When I run Windows System Image, I receive an error that the backup failed.

When I turn Bitdefender's on-access scanning off the backup finishes as it should.

I have not had this type of problem creating Windows System Image using other antivirus software and have never had to turn Bitdefender off before this time.

Please see attached image for error message.

W8.1 x64

I also had this problem on W8.1. I just restarted Windows and ran the System Image Backup again. It worked fine. My guess is that BD may have been the middle of an auto-scan and W8.1 security prevents the backup from finishing under those circumstances. Just a guess as to why the System Image backup failed.

You might be able to test this by manually starting a system scan and then immmediately begin a System Image backup. I run W8.1 Updated System Image backup weekly on three computers. I begain about three weeks ago and so far have had only failure and as stated above it worked fine after a restart.