Can Safepay Be Used With Running Anti-virus Program?

Safepay cannot replace an anti-virus program. Can it be used in conjunction with (or at the same time as) a running anti-virus program?

Comments

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭

Hiya ecbritz,

Yes of course it can, Safepay is an integral part of some of the BD AV programs like Bitdefender Total Security and designed to run alongside the whole range even if it is downloaded as a separate app. I have even, in the past, used it alongside another AV.

Ro.

• Thanks for the advice. I read somewhere on this forum that its very difficult to uninstall SafePay, should it not work to one's satisfaction. I'd like to try using it with 360 Internet Security, which uses Bitdefender as one of its three virus/malware engines. Do you foresee any difficulties with that? Or is SafePay meant to be used only with a Bitdefender AV program?

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭

As I said I used SafePay (free version) with another AV product without problems (Avast SafeZone would not work for me). I don't remember any trouble un-installing it.

• Thanks again. Avast Safezone worked for me, I never did internet banking without it. My issue with Avast is its relatively poor detection rate. It kept missing malware which could be detected by Malwarebytes. 360 Internet Security detects malware missed even by Malwarebytes! I don't trust most anti-virus companies in the sense that I suspect they manufacture malware and viruses to keep this multi-billion dollar industry rolling. In whose interest might it be to create an endless number of viruses, most not spyware but merely destructive bits of computer coding, other than anti-virus companies themselves? Safepay and Safe Zone are ways to get around this apparent racket in the Windows environment.

• It seems that it does not work alongside the free version of Bitdefender. It only worked for one day and now can't even be installed correctly.

Since it is included in the paid BD offerings and doesn't need to be installed separately, it probably hasn't yet been made to be compatible with the free AV. Maybe it never will be since they may think that would be giving away too much for free. On the download page it even states that the downloaded Safepay will not work with any Bitdefender AV product. I didn't see that when I first tried to use it.

I think that's kind of silly since people can use it for free alongside any other AV, free or otherwise.

• I don't trust most anti-virus companies in the sense that I suspect they manufacture malware and viruses to keep this multi-billion dollar industry rolling. In whose interest might it be to create an endless number of viruses, most not spyware but merely destructive bits of computer coding, other than anti-virus companies themselves? Safepay and Safe Zone are ways to get around this apparent racket in the Windows environment.

There is no such conspiracy by AV or security vendors. That theory has been disproven many, many times.

• dch48
    edited July 2014

Well, after trying Safepay on my other Windows 8.1 machine with Windows Defender as the AV, It seems that it doesn't work there either. The statement that it works with any AV solution is obviously wrong, at least in 8.1. The same problem of getting stuck at 90% in the initial scan is there and on the 1 in 20 chance that you actually do get into Safepay, turning off the scan doesn't work as the setting immediately reverts to ON when you leave the settings tab.

This program obviously needs work and in my opinion , is utterly worthless. I wouldn't recommend it to an enemy.

In addition, it does NOT integrate with IE11 and does not show options to switch to it when on a banking site.