Can't Restore Deleted File

Charyb
Charyb ✭✭✭
edited May 2014 in Antivirus

Bitdefender automatically deleted a file without any option to restore it. Where is the option to restore a deleted file? I am not happy with this at all.

I cannot submit this file to find out if it was a false positive or not.

post-63102-1399665330_thumb.jpg

post-63102-1399665338_thumb.jpg

Comments

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭

All I can pass on is this section from the Bitdefender pdf user guide.

Files that cannot be disinfected are moved to quarantine in order to contain

the infection. Quarantined files cannot be executed or opened; therefore, the

risk of getting infected disappears.

Important

For particular types of malware, disinfection is not possible because the

detected file is entirely malicious. In such cases, the infected file is deleted

from the disk.

• It's a bit poor that you cannot define the action for scans like you can for on-access scan (at least I cannot find a way). I would love to enforce quarantine every time so I can make the decisions.

• It's a bit poor that you cannot define the action for scans like you can for on-access scan (at least I cannot find a way). I would love to enforce quarantine every time so I can make the decisions.

Prompt for Action would be nice: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35631

You can enforce quarantine every time by going to: Antivirus/Settings/in the On-access scanning section /Custom/Actions/Move files to quarantine. This will take you out of Autopilot and into User Mode, which will only affect that setting, everything else will function normally.