Trafficlight Slows Safari 7.0.3 To A Crawl

OS X version 10.9.2

Safari version 7.0.3

TrafficLight version 0.2.5

BitDefender Antivirus version 2.21 (2.21.4959)

Upgraded BitDefender this week and let it install TrafficLight. Since installing TrafficLight browsing has slowed to a crawl. By which I mean many web pages never load at all. I'll get some of the text, portions of some of the graphics... it just keeps showing that it's loading. Stopping and refreshing doesn't help. Clearing the cache, exiting Safari, and restarting the computer doesn't help.

I thought I wasn't waiting long enough, so after another restart I went to a news site I read a lot, then I went to make a pot of coffee and swap out a load of laundry. When I came back, it was still doing the same thing.

I tried browse these forums and the page wouldn't finish loading enough for me to get to the search the forums field.

I went into TrafficLight settings and tried turning some of the options off then refreshed the page. No change.

I turned all of the options off and refreshed the page. No change.

I disabled the extension from the Safari preferences tab, hit refresh, and suddenly the page loaded.

Before I started this topic, I went to a bunch of the websites I had been trying to read before. All of them loaded really fast, as long as TrafficLight is disabled.

I'd really like to have the protected TrafficLight offers, but I need to be able to actually read web pages.