Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

BD opens on its own

Options

Every so often, my BD Internet Security window opens on its own, usually behind my other windows. It isn't telling me that it detected a virus, just has the General tab open. What is it trying to tell me? Does this happen whenever an update to BD has occured?

Comments

• vladx
    Options

Yes, it also saw this everytime after a update.Maybe it's a new small feature, or an unexpected behaviour caused by one of the recently big updates.Maybe someone from Bitdefender can explain this.

• Niels
    Options

Hi Fallstar

Check the follow option when you are on the general tab,settings,minimize console during boot. When does this behaviour occur? Normally when there is an update BitDefender close and restart every service. After that you normally only see the icon near the system clock and the traffic icon. Did you scheduled a scan?

Regards

Niels

• vladx
    Options

No Niels it didn't occurred before, this is something new that started to happen recently like i said probably after one of the big updates.

• Niels
    Options

Hi vladx

I saw your reply after I replied. Till now I didn't see BitDefender opening on its own.

Regards

Niels

• vladx
    Options

Well different computer setups, different behaviours.

• Niels
    Niels
    edited May 2007
    Options
    Well different computer setups, different behaviours.

Thanks that you mention that but I knew that already. I don't know what version you are using. I have BitDefender Antivirus Plus.

Regards

Niels

• vladx
    Options

I have BIS and Vista Home Premium(but i dont think the difference between OS is the cause). :)

• Even after big updates, when BitDefender must be restarted, it restarts minimized. It never started maximized on my PC. ;)

• vladx
    Options

As only me and Fallstar who have BIS comfirmed, it may possible that only this version is affected by this behaviour.

• alexcrist
    Options

I also have BIS, and don't have this problem.

But I didn't make the last Product Upgrade (released today). I assume this problem appeared sometime before, and doesn't have anything to do with the latest upgrade (Every so often, my BD Internet Security window opens on its own,...{Fallstar}).

Anyway, after I make the update, I'll see if anything changes.

Cris.

• vladx
    edited May 2007
    Options

I'll test this on my VM also on wich i have XP Pro SP2.

EDIT: I finished testing this on my VM and it seems on XP this doesn't happen, but it's also true that on my VM i have very few programs installed.

• Fallstar
    Options

Hi,

I have the following schedules set for scanning:

• quick scan - once a day (evening)
    • full scan - every 3 days
    • deep scan - once a week

So far this morning, I have had BD open three times, and had to close it. I already have "Minimize Consold during boot" checkmarked.

Here are three screenshots of my various BD windows, to show what is checked etc. Also to note, everytime BD opens, I check the update tab to see the "last update" time is different, it shows a time just prior to me checking. So it appears there are a lot of updates occuring this morning?

General Tab - Settings

Update Tab - Update

Update Tab - Settings

I am running Vista Home Premium 32-bit.

• vladx
    edited May 2007
    Options

So it seems that it happens only on computers with Vista.

• Fallstar
    Options

Oh, I meant to add...I can't remember when it started doing this, but possibly in the last week or so. Not positive, but I think that sounds about right.

• JGray152
    Options

Hi all

I have this same issue too. Its recently happend on my Vista machine. Must be a bug in the recent updates. Started happening yesterday I think. For now reason it will pop up, if the computer goes to sleep and wakes up, BD will pop up. When you first start windows, BD pops up and in other times.

So any verdict on this?

• vladx
    Options

After one of the recent updates the issue was resolved for me.Maybe Bitdefender already released a fix?

• murray_s
    Options

This is the same for me, started middle of last week.

Appears to be always after an update that requires the BD services to be restarted.

I am running Vista on this machine, does the same happen with XP users?

Hope a fix comes soon it's a bit anoying.

murray_s

• alexcrist
    Options

Hi murray_s,

I'm running Win XP and I have never had this problem. I'm running BD 10 IS, fully updated.

It seems this is a bug related to Win Vista.

Cris.

• vladx
    Options

Like i said earlier, i have Windows Vista and for me this issue recently stopped happening.Is your Bitdefender fully updated, murray_s ?

• JGray152
    Options

This issue seems to be resolved on my vista machine as well. Thanks BD!

• murray_s
    Options
    Like i said earlier, i have Windows Vista and for me this issue recently stopped happening.Is your Bitdefender fully updated, murray_s ?

Yes BD is fully up to date.

The problem appears to have improved lately with most updates loading without BD opening up. I have had a couple though that have caused it to open. Might be what is contained in the update is that causes it!

murray_s