Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

System Restore Won't Work In Windows 8.1

Options

Hi guys

Despite turning off all the Bit Defender switches to disable the program, System Restore keeps telling me that it was unable to work.

Is there a way to do this?

I'm running Bit Defender Antivirus Plus.

Maque

Comments

• Maque
    Options

Hi guys

Apologies for double post; this should really have been posted here, not in MY BITDEFENDER.

Despite turning off all the Bit Defender switches to disable the program, System Restore keeps telling me that it was unable to work.

Is there a way to do this? Does it mean doing a System Recover in Safe Mode?

Maque

• drakhil
    Options
    Hi guys

Is there a way to do this?

Maque

similar issues with me too

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is a common issue, not necessarily related to Bitdefender. I would recommend booting in Safe Mode and attempting the restore. Some folks have even had to resort to booting from their Windows Repair disk

to get the restore to succeed, and even that is not a guarantee. I have had that fail occasionally as well. Nothing like having a recent, full system image ...

Hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I previously replied to your original post in the "My Bitdender" forum.

Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

@ Maque, @ drakhil

Welcome to the Bitdefender forums.

Please switch to OFF Auto-Update, then stop Active Virus Control from the product interface (go to Settings -> Antivirus).

Restart Windows in Safe Mode and rename the driver gzflt.sys from C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender

Start Windows normally and check if the issue persists.

I will be waiting for your results. Thank you!

• Maque
    Options

@ Maque, @ drakhil

Welcome to the Bitdefender forums.

Please switch to OFF Auto-Update, then stop Active Virus Control from the product interface (go to Settings -> Antivirus).

Restart Windows in Safe Mode and rename the driver gzflt.sys from C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender

Start Windows normally and check if the issue persists.

I will be waiting for your results. Thank you!

Thanks for the tip.

I have found the file. Do I rename it to anything specific? Do I have to rename it back again afterwards?