Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Major Problem! My Windows Icons Diseappeared!

Options
adt
adt
edited July 2008 in Malware talk

I downloaded this .rar file from the internet and using mousekeys to play this game then suddenly my computer was acting strangely (the taskbar items kept disappearing and the icons disapeared).

I rebooted my computer and now most of my windows icons look like this (including the rar files):

fileot1.png

I tried everything from system restore to PC recovery and still this problem persists, i cannot do a system scan yet due to BitDefender being unistalled during the pc recovery process

Please help me!!!

I can change the icons to something else but i cannot change it to the normal folder and my computer icon :s

Comments

• adt
    Options

When i go searching through files opening with... the icon appear normal like so:

openwithix5.png

But when i go searching through the files the icons are like this:

porgfilesis0.png

• adt
    Options

Help me please!!!

Will combofix with the windows recovery console help reformat my drive?

• Please give me the link to the .rar archive that you've downloaded.

• adt
    Options

Don't worry i have reformatted my computer and it appears the problem is gone.

• alexcrist
    Options

It's not only that you fixed your problem. It's about preventing it from happening again. If that was a virus, then detection should be added for it. And the only way to add detection is to let BD Virus Analysts check out the application.

Please attach the link of that RAR file (put it in a TXT file, and attach that TXT).

Cris.

• adt
    Options

It was not a virus, it was some sort of windows bug i encounted even before the download e.g. my windows taskbar kept disapeaering.

• alexcrist
    Options

OK, whatever, suit yourself.

However, next time you have such problems, don't flood the forum. There is no need to post every 30-40 minutes, in the middle of the night, because nobody stays 24/7 on this forum. Please wait until someone replies. It's not the first time you've done it (in fact, everytime you do the same).

Cris.