Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Usps Or Flash Update Virus

Options

Hi, I am using your Bitdefender Total Security solution that doesn't say "New" anywhere so I am not sure about that. I am a bit surprised that after getting an email telling me that I had a package that couldn't be delivered until I printed out something and since I have been having a lot of issues with just that I fell for it and opened the email and clicked on the print invoice or whatever it said and after that a flash player update began asking for permission to be installed. That was when I first got the idea that I must have messed up opening the USPS email and believing it was for real becasue in the update box where I would choose yes or no (I chose no) the developer or whatever said unknown. That so called updater popped up around 5 times or so and each time I clicked on no but then i ran a full scan with Bitdefender and although it keeps telling me that the infected files have been cleaned, the problem or virus still exists and the pop ups keep coming. Each pop up by the way has different letters and numbers attached to it too. I am rather surprised that no one else has reported it here or at least I couldn't find it doing a search but it's al over the internet and none of the virus programs out there are picking up on it. Thanks for any advice you can give me or tool to use or? I am also not exactly sure where it is in my system either.

Comments

• gkrebbs
    Options

Thought I would add to my post. I do now at least know the general area that the files are in around the temp files but there are a bunch of them and they aren't deletable. I could really use some help folks because this laptop has a lot of info on it that I need. Please advise.

• gkrebbs
    Options

Well, I see a lot of other folks have received help from Bitdefender techs but I haven't and I have to wonder why? I paid for my product the same as everyone else or actually i saw that some people are just using the trials on here and have gotten answers so why haven't I? I a, a 65 year old Vietnam vet and have cognitive issues due to having severe fibromyalgia and PTSD do if I haven't written back to support in the past (I can't remember but I might have and then forgot) please forgive me. I assure you if that has happened it wasn't on purpose. Now can someone please help me? As I said this laptop is very important to me especially right now and I need help today rather than at some point after this thing is totally broken. It's an $1800 gaming laptop from Toshiba too so until I can get another computer up and running which seems to be getting more and more difficult for me to do by myself and will not happen in the next month anyway I need the support I am paying for.

Thank you!

• gkrebbs
    Options

Well I guess I need to ask for forgiveness once again. I see that I am now in the total jerk catagory and did try to edit my post as in maybe delete it but an error occured and now the edit button isn't even there and it's only been an hour or so. I didn't see the email from yesterday from you guys but you might have answered this post as well. Thank you for looking into my virus. It was after all my fault for clicking on the stupid email which is something I have never done before. I just wans't thinking.

• Nesivos
    Options
    Well I guess I need to ask for forgiveness once again. I see that I am now in the total jerk catagory and did try to edit my post as in maybe delete it but an error occured and now the edit button isn't even there and it's only been an hour or so. I didn't see the email from yesterday from you guys but you might have answered this post as well. Thank you for looking into my virus. It was after all my fault for clicking on the stupid email which is something I have never done before. I just wans't thinking.

Some malware will hide part of their program from AV programs and then recreate the files deleted by the AV product.

You might want to run The Bitdefender Rootkit Remover tool. Make sure to read FAQ first before running the tool.

If you are running a local email client as opposed to using say Hotmail, Yahoo or Google you could also uninstall your email client and then make sure to manually delete all folders and files left over. Also run CCleaner free to clean up After you have run the Rootkit removal tool, uninstalled the email client, deleted all the remaing email client folders and files then do another scan with BD.

I am no malware expert but those are the steps I would take. In addition if you are familiar with Microsoft Process Explorer you could run it and see if there is anything suspicious running.

Finally, if you use Malwarebytes Free or Premium you can go to their forum for help. They have a section specifically dedicated to malware removal. If you aren't using either program you might still try and ask them for help. They are pretty good about it.

• gkrebbs
    Options
    Some malware will hide part of their program from AV programs and then recreate the files deleted by the AV product.

You might want to run The Bitdefender Rootkit Remover tool. Make sure to read FAQ first before running the tool.

If you are running a local email client as opposed to using say Hotmail, Yahoo or Google you could also uninstall your email client and then make sure to manually delete all folders and files left over. Also run CCleaner free to clean up After you have run the Rootkit removal tool, uninstalled the email client, deleted all the remaing email client folders and files then do another scan with BD.

I am no malware expert but those are the steps I would take. In addition if you are familiar with Microsoft Process Explorer you could run it and see if there is anything suspicious running.

Finally, if you use Malwarebytes Free or Premium you can go to their forum for help. They have a section specifically dedicated to malware removal. If you aren't using either program you might still try and ask them for help. They are pretty good about it.

Thank you sir for replying. I have seen many Bitdefender employees replying to peoples posts so mine must be something that they don't know anything about since no one from their end has bothered to say anything. At any rate, yes I did download a malwarebytes program and it has changed something but I am not sure what. I will do as you say and find the Bitdefender rootkit program as you say. If and when i finally get this bug off my system I am going to go buy a program that doesn't call itself total and where that means IF you pay a bunch more for all the modules then it will be a total program.It's kindof sad the the word integrity and virus removal are no longer synonymous. Thanks again for your input!

• Thank you sir for replying. I have seen many Bitdefender employees replying to peoples posts so mine must be something that they don't know anything about since no one from their end has bothered to say anything. At any rate, yes I did download a malwarebytes program and it has changed something but I am not sure what. I will do as you say and find the Bitdefender rootkit program as you say. If and when i finally get this bug off my system I am going to go buy a program that doesn't call itself total and where that means IF you pay a bunch more for all the modules then it will be a total program.It's kindof sad the the word integrity and virus removal are no longer synonymous. Thanks again for your input!

Please don't click eMail scam you will get badware see >

http://www.snopes.com/fraud/advancefee/nigeria.asp

http://www.fbi.gov/scams-safety/e-scams

CryptoLocker Ransomware Encrypts Users' Files

The FBI is aware of a file encrypting Ransomware known as CryptoLocker. Businesses are receiving e-mails

so don't click and you safe, if You get from a bank like update you bank don't you can Ring the Bank, no way you can update a bank by email as far as I know but get this all the time for me to do this allso no free money $$$$$

http://scambusters.org/