Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How To Remove Open With Windows Virus ?

Options

Hi all,

I m using Bitdefender Client Pro Plus , and i did many times full scan in order to get rid of Open With window when trying to enter my Drives , Is there any Bitdefender removel tools to remove this silly thinks ?

Thank you ,

Comments

• alexcrist
    Options

Hello kadir,

Try this: Copy the following text in Notepad:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell]
    @="none"

After that, save the file with the .reg extension (for instance, "FixDrives.reg"). Note that Notepad automatically adds the .txt extension to filenames, so when you save the file, at File Type select All files, to prevent adding the .txt extension.

After that, double-click the file that you just created. It should fix the registry entries that cause this behavior.

Also, after you do the above, check all drives to see if you can find any file named autorun.ini in the root of the drives.

NOTICE: To prevent an infection, in case the autorun.ini files exist, do NOT open the drives by double-click. Instead, open each drive with right-click->Explore. Also, read this topic for a few hints: How To Find Hidden Malware

If you find any autorun.ini files, put one of them in a password-protected ZIP and attach it to this topic. Then remove all autorun.ini files from your computer.

Please post if this fixed your problem.

Cris.

P.S.: Topic moved to Malware Talk.