On-access Scanning Is Disabled

Hi,

I have a message that 'On-access scanning is disabled'. Unfortunately my Bitdefender fails to fix this issue on my Windows Vista laptop. I've been trying for days and I still have a red cross on my Bitdefender short cut informing me that my computer is not fully protected. Can you help me?

Slavek

Comments

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭

Hello Slavek,

Have you tried running a repair? Go to Control Panel>Programs and Features>Bitdefender>Uninstall. Select repair, let it finish and then reboot.

Plus there is a new version of Bitdefender that you can upgrade to, free of charge. :) With the 2015 version just around the corner it may be worth while at least moving up one version now.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=316&id=42

Ro.

• Do you have other security software installed here like Malwarebytes? See the post below. smile2.png

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=34015

No, the only security software installed is Bitdefender Total Security...

• I have a response from Bitdeffender:

After analyzing the information we received from you we concluded that the most convenient way to fix the issue you reported is to use the Repair feature as follows:

- Click on the START menu button;

- Go to (All) Programs -> Bitdefender -> choose "Repair or Remove";

Note: select the Bitdefender with the folder icon, not the one with the B icon.

- Follow the on-screen instructions and restart the computer each time you are requested to;

- Register and activate the product, then open Bitdefender and run a new update; reboot again if requested;

- please test to see if the issue still replicates.

Note: if you cannot find the "Repair or Remove" feature please go back to Start > type "appwiz.cpl" directly in the Search bar and hit Enter. Search for Bitdefender > choose Uninstall/Remove > then click on the Repair button.

After repair please update your Bitdefender:

- Right click the Bitdefender icon on the System tray;

- Select Update Now;

It worked! The issue is solved now :)

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭

I am glad the problem is resolved, but I did suggest the "Repair" route nearly two weeks ago. :)

• I am glad the problem is resolved, but I did suggest the "Repair" route nearly two weeks ago. :)

I had the same issue, and tried the "repair" option. However it got stuck at 25%, and I tried to restart the computer. Now I can't uninstall the Bitdefender or install a new version.

Can someone advise me what to do?

Using Windows 8

Thanks!

• I had the same issue, and tried the "repair" option. However it got stuck at 25%, and I tried to restart the computer. Now I can't uninstall the Bitdefender or install a new version.

Can someone advise me what to do?

Using Windows 8

Thanks!

Contact BitDeffender. This is what I did and they came back to me within 48 hours :)

• Contact BitDeffender. This is what I did and they came back to me within 48 hours :)

This has been on on-going issue for years - Bitdefender keeps posting several work-a- rounds and ;fixes' - as we pay to receive this

software I believe rather than 'us' working for them, Bitdefender should apply a permanent fix or offer an automatic fix rather than us

go through various procedures to attempt to fix the issue!!!

Personally I have had Bitdefender total security for a few years and found it helpful, but if they keep asking us to fix something which they should have sorted out in the first place I will be moving on ...why are we paying for a service and do not get the service!?

And yes I still have the 'issue' of on access disabled!! fix it please Bitdefender!

• I have same question, i can find answer on here

This discussion has been closed.