Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 Problems

Options
Nesivos
Nesivos
edited July 2014 in Update

Downloaded and installed. The only problem was I had to re-activate the Windows Firewall and reboot for the network adapter area to show. I then went through the GUI and menu configuring 2015. Everything went fine except for:

1. Vulnerability Scan shows an old version of Skype on my computer which BDIS says needs to be updated. The problem is that I do not have Skype on my computer. I did at one time but uninstalled it and deleted all the left over folders and files that I could find. I even ran a Registry scan and cleanup but BDIS 2015 is still showing I have Skype on my computer.

2. I can't activate Facebook Proection. When I click Activate in the GUI it takes me to My Bitdefender dashboard where it tells me to Activate Facebook Proection. I click on it and it comes back telling me Facebook Protection Not Enabled. I even tried disabling my Pop Up protection and Chostery but no luck.

Tried a scan and it was fast. Everything else seems to be okay but we will have to see how the updates go. So far no apparent conflicts with MBAM 2.0 Premium

Comments

• I'll add to this and say that the profiles need some work. BD 2015 shouldn't be kicking in to game mode when the Steam app is started, But only when an actual game is running.

I know it's still beta, but I thought I'd mention it.

• Nesivos
    Options
    Downloaded and installed. The only problem was I had to re-activate the Windows Firewall and reboot for the network adapter area to show. I then went through the GUI and menu configuring 2015. Everything went fine except for:

1. Vulnerability Scan shows an old version of Skype on my computer which BDIS says needs to be updated. The problem is that I do not have Skype on my computer. I did at one time but uninstalled it and deleted all the left over folders and files that I could find. I even ran a Registry scan and cleanup but BDIS 2015 is still showing I have Skype on my computer.

2. I can't activate Facebook Proection. When I click Activate in the GUI it takes me to My Bitdefender dashboard where it tells me to Activate Facebook Proection. I click on it and it comes back telling me Facebook Protection Not Enabled. I even tried disabling my Pop Up protection and Chostery but no luck.

Tried a scan and it was fast. Everything else seems to be okay but we will have to see how the updates go. So far no apparent conflicts with MBAM 2.0 Premium

1. I decided to download and install Skype from the link on that showed up in the Vulnerability scan. I just set Skype not to start on boot so I can leave it for now. The error message went away after installing the updated version. I may uninstall Skype and see if the error message returns. My guess is it won't since wherever BDIS is looking for the Skype version number that location will probably show the updated version number even after the uninstall. My qusetion is where is BDIS Vulnerability Scan looking for the version number?

2. I can set IE as the temporary default browser and see if BDIS will activate Facebook Protection using IE. However, no rush on that for me since I rarely use Facebook.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello,

We do not offer support for Bitdefender beta - 2015, nor for unofficial version.

Bitdefender is yet to be released in 2 days.

This discussion has been closed.