Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Stuck In Rescue Mode

Options
rlj2800
edited July 2014 in Antivirus

I am using BitDefender Total Security 2014 on a Brand New Dell Windows 8.1 OS desktop computer. I have never had any problems leading up to this so lets get that straight.

After a system scan detected tracking cookies that could not be deleted w/ initial scan I was prompted to boot into "BitDefenders Rescue

Mode" to safely scan and remove those tracking cookies. I thought, ok...sounds pretty harmless and simple. Right?! Wrong! I've rebooted my system countless times and am stuck in Rescue Mode. That's not the worst of it, I checked my bootup sequence by hitting F2 and BitDefender Rescue Mode has replaced my hard drive in boot devices and Dell Tech Support is telling me that I need to reinstall my Windows 8 operating system. Are you kidding me?!?! "I repeat, this is a new computer!"

BitDefender support escalated issue to "Senior Tech Support Engineer" who only responds w/ solutions via email. Solutions that do not work.

For anyone who still has a chance, avoid going into Rescue Mode, it will screw up your computer and boot sequence.

post-181961-1404513278_thumb.jpg

Comments

• After waiting over a month for any help at all, with not a single response to my issue caused by BitDefender, I decided to try the one thing

that made sense to me which was to use the factory backup disc I created initially to boot to Windows desktop and then uninstalled

BitDefender, forever. After uninstallation, I attempted a reboot without factory backup disc and WALLA! All fixed, that freaking pointless

"Rescue Mode" feature that supposedly screwed up my boot sequence as initially thought gone for good. I've created new restore points

and installed updates. So good to have my computer back, but would have been nice to have had some tech engineers to offer the

suggestion rather than discourage me from uninstalling because "uninstalling Bitdefender will not correct issue."

• Nesivos
    Options
    After waiting over a month for any help at all, with not a single response to my issue caused by BitDefender, I decided to try the one thing

that made sense to me which was to use the factory backup disc I created initially to boot to Windows desktop and then uninstalled

BitDefender, forever. After uninstallation, I attempted a reboot without factory backup disc and WALLA! All fixed, that freaking pointless

"Rescue Mode" feature that supposedly screwed up my boot sequence as initially thought gone for good. I've created new restore points

and installed updates. So good to have my computer back, but would have been nice to have had some tech engineers to offer the

suggestion rather than discourage me from uninstalling because "uninstalling Bitdefender will not correct issue."

Maybe you are waiting a month because your post is in the wrong sub-forum. Next time try posting your problem with BDTS in the appropriate place not the BD W8 Security sub-forum. Thanks :mellow: BDTS and BD W8 Security are not the same apps. I think this should be obvious by their respective names.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello rlj2800,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I understand the frustration this has caused to you.

This situation most probably occurred because the computer has an UEFI-based BIOS. Read:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=198317

We will add incompatibility messages to prevent such situations in the future.

PS: topic moved in the correct area.