Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Duplicate Finder

Options

Can I trust all what come from this scan or ??? By the way internet security 2015 is amazing! :)

Comments

• I have 525 grouped items in duplicate finder.... should I trust the duplicate finder or I will maybe have problems if I delete them all

• jitzy
    jitzy ✭✭
    Options

well i suggest deleting the ones u think not so important....cnt fully trust any tune-up softwares

• I would be very cautious. I tried it and it found my focus stack photos as duplicates. They are very similar, but definitely NOT the same and very important for me.

You really have to check the resultats ...

• Nesivos
    Nesivos
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Can I trust all what come from this scan or ??? By the way internet security 2015 is amazing! :)

Best policy is to not delete duplicates other than pics, docs etc. Deleting duplicate *.dll files of which there always a few can cause problems of one sort or another unless a duplicate *.dll file is in a left over folder of an uninstalled program. See below for more on this.. I would also avoid deleting emply folders if it is in a program folder heirachy of a currently installed program. The exception would be if the folder belongs to a program you have removed from the computer. Built in uninstallers often leave folders with files and empty folders. In fact I would opt for going through Program Files, Progam Files (x86), Program Data (left hidden by default) and Users espececially AppData under Users--->Name of User and clean up left over folders and files from uninstalled programs. By doing that not only do you recover disk space and improve scanning time but also reduce privacy and malware risks that might come about from having left over folders/files from uninstalled programs.

Deleting duplicate files saves some scanning time. Deleting emply folders some disk space. Not much else. Personally I never do it except with unwanted duplicate documents and pics.

• What a useless feature then.

• frank1982
    edited January 2017
    Options

Please install duplicate f deleter as this is the best software available right now.