Uninstall Bdts2014 Manually First?

Will BDTS2015 installer remove the BDTS2014 files?

Or should BDTS2014 be uninstalled manually before installing BDTS2015?

Comments

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭

Hello aloke,

Uninstall 2014 first ( http://www.bitdefender.com/site/Downloads/...sumer_paid.html )

Install 2015.

Ro.

• Will BDTS2015 installer remove the BDTS2014 files?

Or should BDTS2014 be uninstalled manually before installing BDTS2015?

BDTS 2014 will have to be uninstalled first.

Uninstall tool here

• BDTS 2014 will have to be uninstalled first.

Uninstall tool here

Still Not able to Install BD TS 2015 on a Machine Previously Installed with BD TS 2014

Manually uninstalled the BD TS 2014 and tried to Install BD TS 2015 but not successfull. Used the removal tool but the system keeps on giving the error: Another version detected- BitDefender Endpoint Security detected. Remove it manually first yet nothing like that exists. Screenshot attached. Look forward to your advise. Using win7 sp1.

post-31048-1405151997_thumb.png

post-31048-1405152006_thumb.png

post-31048-1405152035_thumb.png

• Still Not able to Install BD TS 2015 on a Machine Previously Installed with BD TS 2014

Manually uninstalled the BD TS 2014 and tried to Install BD TS 2015 but not successfull. Used the removal tool but the system keeps on giving the error: Another version detected- BitDefender Endpoint Security detected. Remove it manually first yet nothing like that exists. Screenshot attached. Look forward to your advise. Using win7 sp1.

Try the first uninstall tool from this page

• Thanks all.

• By the way, why is there no option to just upgrade right away to 2015? It's much easier to do this and it can cut the work in have and minimize issue. Is this something that BS is aware already? 1.gif

• Try the first uninstall tool from this page

Worked Perfectly! Thanks :) ! All is well now and what a fantastic new App!!

• Worked Perfectly! Thanks :) ! All is well now and what a fantastic new App!!

You're welcome LanTech :)

• By the way, why is there no option to just upgrade right away to 2015? It's much easier to do this and it can cut the work in have and minimize issue. Is this something that BS is aware already? 1.gif

Because it is not an update or upgrade, it is an entirely new product .

• I just installed on two Window 7 machines who had the previous 2014 IS installed. I simply launched the 2015 installer and immediately it offered to UN-Install automatically the previous version and so I did and the 2015 version installed flawlessly and everything is working fine with the new version on both machines.

You certainly can just install on top of the previous 2014 version without problems as long as you follow the steps that appear during the process.

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    You certainly can just install on top of the previous 2014 version without problems as long as you follow the steps that appear during the process.

You are correct but it still involves the removal of the previous version and a reboot before you can install the new version. The uninstall process is a little faster than using the full BD uninstall program and I guess it saves having to find the BD uninstall. I think here were are just discussing the words "manual" as against "automatic". ;)

• daman1
    edited July 2014

So un install 2014 and install 2015 my 2014 key will work?

• Hello,

So un install 2014 and install 2015 my 2014 key will work?

Yes, it will work (obviously for the same product.)

• ChristianC
    edited July 2014

----------