Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Is Bdts 2015 Better At Detecting Stuff?

Has there been improvements to the engine (better detection, cleaning etc) in 2015 vs 2014 product?

Or is it mostly better UI wrapped around the same scanner?

I have BDTS 2014 but use the basic features. I don't use the vault or secure pay etc. Just realtime scanning with mostly default settings.

It it worth the time to uninstall it and install the 2015 version if the underlying detection and cleaning capabilities are the same between the 2 products?

Aloke

Comments

• Has there been improvements to the engine (better detection, cleaning etc) in 2015 vs 2014 product?

Or is it mostly better UI wrapped around the same scanner?

I have BDTS 2014 but use the basic features. I don't use the vault or secure pay etc. Just realtime scanning with mostly default settings.

It it worth the time to uninstall it and install the 2015 version if the underlying detection and cleaning capabilities are the same between the 2 products?

Aloke

I cann't answer your question,but it's a good one.I went back to 2014 version because paranoid mode was not included in 2015 version.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello Aloke,

The updates, signature and engine are provided equally for all Bitdefender versions. The only difference is for product updates (for 2014 you'll get 2014 updates, for 2015 you'll get 2015). But the basic security and detection rates are the same.

The difference is made by the new features and improvements. You can read more about them here (lower part of the page):

http://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/total-security.html

Please do not hesitate to contact us in case you have further queries.

But the basic security and detection rates are the same.

The difference is made by the new features and improvements.

Thanks for the reply and clarification. Good to know. I will wait a few update cycles for the issues w the 2015 version to get worked out.

I'm in no hurry, as I have a 3 yr license and the underlying protection is the same.

Aloke