Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Disable Analysis

Options

Hi,

I'm currently evaluating Bitdefender AV, and one thing that bugs me is that I regularly experience performance decrease on my computer due to Bitdefender analysing my hard drive (as it shows in Process Monitor).

Now, I know my hard drive is clean, so I don't need Bitdefender to keep scanning it, unless I start or plan an analysis myself. I would like it to scan only disk writes, unless I decide otherwise.

How can I do this?

Thanks!

R.

Comments

• antikythera
    Options
    Hi,

I'm currently evaluating Bitdefender AV, and one thing that bugs me is that I regularly experience performance decrease on my computer due to Bitdefender analysing my hard drive (as it shows in Process Monitor).

Now, I know my hard drive is clean, so I don't need Bitdefender to keep scanning it, unless I start or plan an analysis myself. I would like it to scan only disk writes, unless I decide otherwise.

How can I do this?

Thanks!

R.

turn off autoscan. this will switch bitdefender to user mode. if you enable autopilot again it will turn autoscan back on.

• mrgou
    Options
    turn off autoscan. this will switch bitdefender to user mode. if you enable autopilot again it will turn autoscan back on.

So does disabling autopilot disable autoscan at the same time?

Thanks!

• antikythera
    Options

no disabling autopilot alone would not change the setting for you. it is like taking a semi-automatic car out of auto to shift manually. you need to do the changes afterwards.

turning off autoscan to try it out and see if it helps is the best option. i merely meant by turning off autoscan you would be disabling autopilot.

and if you turned autopilot back on, bitdefender would also turn back on autoscan.

• mrgou
    Options
    no disabling autopilot alone would not change the setting for you. it is like taking a semi-automatic car out of auto to shift manually. you need to do the changes afterwards.

turning off autoscan to try it out and see if it helps is the best option. i merely meant by turning off autoscan you would be disabling autopilot.

and if you turned autopilot back on, bitdefender would also turn back on autoscan.

Got it, thanks!