Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Scan Resultesulting

Options

As you can see on the log attached, bitdefender claims to have detected 339 infected files, but is not showing them to me anywhere. I looked at my exclusion list, there are only 2 files listed, one of which I no longer have on the system. So can anyone help me find these supposedly infected files?

An On Demand scan has completed.
The scan took: 01:54:22
Files scanned: 474798
Infected items detected: 339
Files known to be clean: 21570
Scan Paths
Path    Status
C:\    completed
Scan Results
No infected items have been found.
Ignored items
The following files could not be scanned due to insufficient privileges.
File Name    Action
c:\program files (x86)\electronic arts\bioware\star wars - the old republic\assets_swtor_en_us.version    None (password protected)
c:\program files (x86)\electronic arts\bioware\star wars - the old republic\assets_swtor_test_main.version    None (password protected)
c:\program files (x86)\electronic arts\bioware\star wars - the old republic\assets_swtor_main.version    None (password protected)
c:\program files (x86)\electronic arts\bioware\star wars - the old republic\eualas.version    None (password protected)
c:\program files (x86)\electronic arts\bioware\star wars - the old republic\launcher.exe    None (password protected)
c:\program files (x86)\electronic arts\bioware\star wars - the old republic\movies_en_us.version    None (password protected)
c:\program files (x86)\electronic arts\bioware\star wars - the old republic\patcher.version    None (password protected)
c:\program files (x86)\electronic arts\bioware\star wars - the old republic\retailclient_publictest.version    None (password protected)
c:\program files (x86)\electronic arts\bioware\star wars - the old republic\retailclient_swtor.version    None (password protected)
c:\users\hedev\appdata\local\temp\installswtor\swtor.rar    None (password protected)

Comments

• As you can see on the log attached, bitdefender claims to have detected 339 infected files, but is not showing them to me anywhere. I looked at my exclusion list, there are only 2 files listed, one of which I no longer have on the system. So can anyone help me find these supposedly infected files?

Nothing to worry. As long as the report has:

Scan Results

No infected items have been found.

there is nothing quarantined or deleted or bad.

There seems to be something puzzling (to say the least) in the way Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition shows the numbers of files/items scanned/infected/clean. I think it has to do with scanning compressed files, i.e., files containing files within (e.g., installation files, RAR files, etc.). For instance, I often get reports where the number of files known to be clean is higher than the number of files scanned :D

Anyway, the infected items detected is likely tied to the report:

Ignored items

The following files could not be scanned due to insufficient privileges.

File Name . . Action

filename . . None (password protected)

I am sure if there is any virus hiding within an encrypted compressed file it would by dealt by the Virus Shield before it can cause any damage when it is extracted.

Stay protected!

--graciliano

• OK, thanks!