Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Turn Off Autoscan Of Dvds

Options

Hi,

I turned off autoscan of CD/DVDs in the Settings> Antivirus > Exclusions tab because I don't want my movie DVDs to be scanned.

I did this in the admin account on my PC. But when I go to my user account, the change is not in force and the exclusions choices are grayed out.

I would have thought that changes to BD settings made as admin would apply to the user accounts.

Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks

(Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2014, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit)

Comments

• antikythera
    Options

Not via Bitdefender. However I would probably do it in the following manner for want of a better method. temporarily change the windows user account to Admin (disconnect from the network first if desired). Make the change in Bitdefender and then change the user account back to normal user and re-enable the network adaptor if disabled.

• Kinmont
    Options

Thanks for the reply, but that's the same situation I was posting about -- changes made to BD in the admin account (turning off autoscan of the optical drive), are not reflected in the user account. Tried it with net disconnected with no change. I'm finding it hard to believe that BD would be engineered this way?

• antikythera
    Options
    Thanks for the reply, but that's the same situation I was posting about -- changes made to BD in the admin account (turning off autoscan of the optical drive), are not reflected in the user account. Tried it with net disconnected with no change. I'm finding it hard to believe that BD would be engineered this way?

I have to agree it is a bit odd. however it is not a password protected setting either and I believe it should be. but it depends on the usage situation.

Going back to the problem, you did what I said and went into windows control panel in the Admin account* and changed the affected user account to admin before attempting to make the settings change to autoscan in bitdefender via the affected user account? because that should work without fail. once it does change the user account back to normal user level from within the admin account.

*do not use user switching. log out completely each time you go between accounts for this to work