Thunderbird Certificate Warning

Hi there,

Every time during Ichecki email in Thunderbird I must to confirm, that I want to add untrusted certificate. The same problem was in Bitdefender 2013, but there was problem resolved by disabling "Check SSL"

In BT 2015 this solution does not working. How can I do? I'm very ungry!

Comments

• Disabling the SSL scan option might not be working because SSL scanning currently re-enables itself at startup. If you go to the setting it will appear to be disabled, but it is actually on. You'll need to check then re-uncheck the option at every OS startup.

• Disabling the SSL scan option might not be working because SSL scanning currently re-enables itself at startup. If you go to the setting it will appear to be disabled, but it is actually on. You'll need to check then re-uncheck the option at every OS startup.

Try to disable "Check SSL" with admin rights!

• Try to disable "Check SSL" with admin rights!

Something I might try later. I don't really expect that to make a difference, as other settings even in the same section of BD (search advisor, toolbar) will properly retain settings. I would expect more bugs like this if it were a permission issue preventing settings from being written/saved.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

We have found a possible workaround for 64 bit systems: run certutil.exe from CMD with certutil.exe /?

certutil.exe can be found in the installation folder (C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2015)

For details on how to use the command please refer to the attached image.

If you receive a msvcr100.dll error, reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2010 x86 and repair Bitdefender with ALL other applications closed.

Let us know how is everything going.

post-34114-1407864089_thumb.png