Onedrive Cannot Sync Files

I had Bitdefender Total Security 2015 installed on two PCs. Both PC's also have OneDrive installed. OneDrive was unable to reliably sync files. I eventually noticed a trend. The sync only worked after rebooting my PC when my desktop was being loaded.

I double and triple checked that a rule existed for groove.exe allowing all traffic in both directions. I tried removing/adding the rule again with no luck. I tried to stop just the firewall to see if that made a difference. I even tried a repair of Bitdefender but that made no difference. So I decided to try uninstalling Bitdefender on 1 of the 2 PCs. It's been a few hours since uninstalling and OneDrive works perfectly! All files are syncing properly on this PC. Meanwhile, the other PC with Total Security 2015 installed will only sync immediately after a reboot.

Any ideas what could be causing this? Is another firewall rule needed? Could antivirus be somehow responsible?

Comments

• How about if you disable real time scanning, does it make a difference? If it does, you might want to add an exception to the install folder. 1.gif