Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

What Do I Do With The File Help & Support Generates?

Options

I clicked on Bitdefender help and support. It did some kind of diagnostics and gathered information. Then it left a folder on my desktop. What am I supposed to do with that folder? Is my problem supposed to be fixed?

Thanks,

Harry

Comments

• Rohugh
    Options

Hiya,

That file is for transferring files to and from Bitdefender when they are helping you, if you are not sure just send it somewhere like "My Documents" then if they do need it again you can always put it back on your Desktop.

As o your problem being fixed, you will need to ask the contact you had at Bitdefender. :)

Ro.

• Hiya,

That file is for transferring files to and from Bitdefender when they are helping you, if you are not sure just send it somewhere like "My Documents" then if they do need it again you can always put it back on your Desktop.

As o your problem being fixed, you will need to ask the contact you had at Bitdefender. :)

Ro.

Thanks Ro,

On the bitdefender screen I clicked on help and support. That took me to a web page that said product documentation and contact support. I clicked contact support. It just gathered information, put a folder on my desktop, and left me hanging. Very confusing.

I guess I'll just have to see if my bitdefender has stopped causing repeated crashes.

• antikythera
    edited August 2014
    Options

Hello, assuming you did that because you have an actual problem with Bitdefender's operation you can fill out the contact form on the page I link to below (give exact details of the problem and how to recreate it) and attach that file. If it is too large, upload it to any free online file sharing service and give Bitdefender the link (again via that form). Then they can analyse the output and help you further and/or investigate the bug in the software if necessary.

http://www.bitdefender.co.uk/support/contact-us.html

• Hello, assuming you did that because you have an actual problem with Bitdefender's operation you can fill out the contact form on the page I link to below (give exact details of the problem and how to recreate it) and attach that file. If it is too large, upload it to any free online file sharing service and give Bitdefender the link (again via that form). Then they can analyse the output and help you further and/or investigate the bug in the software if necessary.

http://www.bitdefender.co.uk/support/contact-us.html

Thanks antikythera,

If whatever they did hasn't fixed all the crashes I am now getting after installing bitdefender, I will follow your instructions.

I am in the US though if that makes a difference. Here on this forum, if I go to edit my profile, it says I am not allow to use that part of the board. That's a different problem though.

• antikythera
    Options
    Thanks antikythera,

If whatever they did hasn't fixed all the crashes I am now getting after installing bitdefender, I will follow your instructions.

I am in the US though if that makes a difference. Here on this forum, if I go to edit my profile, it says I am not allow to use that part of the board. That's a different problem though.

on the forum after X amount of posts you can edit your profile. they do this to prevent spammers setting up false accounts with signatures linking to external sites etc.