Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Unable To Install Bitdefender 2014 Total Security

Options

Hello there!

Today I uninstalled the 2014 version to install the new 2015 Bitdefender Total Security.

Problem is - it doesn't work. I either get a "cannot be installed on this machine" or the application simply starts extracting files and then exits without starting the installation process.

I have uninstalled via the tool many times, tried safe mode - nothing. The Webinstaller doesn't work at all, the full installation packages leave the above mentioned error.

My PC runs Windows 7 64bit and has all newest Windows updates + SP1 installed.

I later tried installing the old 2014 Version and now this is giving me the same errors so I cannot install any version. Anyone has any ideas?

Comments

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Is there another anti-virus solution, or traces of one or more, on your computer. Bitdefender is only happy installing on a "clean" machine. There is also the possibility that you might have some corruption in your

Windows 7 operating system. Try running "sfc /scannow" from an elevated command prompt and see whether any integrity errors are reported that it can't fix.

If you have antimalware software installed on your computer, the best practice is to uninstall it using their uninstall software before trying to uninstall or install Bitdefender. Once Bitdefender is installed and happy,

then you can reinstall your antimalware solution.

Hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• There is no other Virus/Malware Solution on my PC. I used the command and it found some issues and repaired them, but I still get the "cannot be installed on this machine" error. It also said that there are some issues that couldn't be fixed, though the system has been running fine for quite a while now and there wasn't a single issue with installation of any other game, update or so on.

• garioch7
    Options

Some System File Checker integrity issues that cannot be repaired are not always noticeable to the user.

Nonetheless, it would be of concern to me to have integrity errors reported. You could check your CBS.log file to determine what errors can't be fixed.

I think that you would probably be best advised to open up a support ticket with Bitdefender Technical Support. They know the product better than anyone and will probably be able to find a solution for you.

Hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

• I took the hard route and reinstalled my whole system. The installer did then work fine and Total Security 2015 installed without a problem. Seems to be the fastest way, otherwise we could probably crawl in setup files forever ...

• garioch7
    Options

Wow! You are braver than I am. A reinstall of my total system and all software would take weeks. I am glad that you reported back and that you solved your problem, though the solution was a little extreme! :rolleyes:

Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

This discussion has been closed.