Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Frequent Repair, Seeing Double & Registration Hang

Options

After working fine for months, my BitDefender is suddenly disconcertingly glitchy!

It all began as recently as this past Tuesday (August 26th), when I got a pop-up from Windows Action Center saying that BitDefender was turned off. Naturally, the first thing I did was panic — the second thing I did was do a lot of research. Finally, I found the info on using BitDefender's Repair function from the Start Menu, and tried it. Success!

Then again, not a couple hours ago, after a reboot, I get the same 'BitDefender is turned off' message! I had read before that sometimes Windows merely reports it as off, but seeing as several things were noticeably unresponsive on the main program dashboard, e.g. no info on the latest updates and scans, unable to repair itself from the options in Settings there, it was definitely broken. Again, I used the Repair. Again, it seemed to work.

However, now I noticed that when I clicked on 'Account Settings' and 'Take me to My BitDefender', no page would pop up, no matter how many times I clicked. Since I had it bookmarked, I went there that way, and noticed that it looked as if it still wanted my license key. I tried registering and, well...

33zfo7t.jpg

It's been about an hour, and no change.

Also, I decided to check things out in the Windows Control Panel/Action Center again just to be sure, and...I found this:

11c5phh.jpg

308864x.jpg

What? ...I'm thinking this might be a result of the Repair, but...what's going on here? Also, the Antispyware does give me the option to 'Turn On', but the inactive Antivirus does not.

I am so confused and just a little ticked off right now. Please help!

Comments

• Argh, hate to double-post, but apparently I don't have an 'Edit' option yet, it seems. Anyway, now the Remote Control is telling me that the Product Registration 'Task failed - This key has already been used' — so I guess that wasn't part of the problem. Oh well.

• Rohugh
    Options

Hello Elixyvett,

The "Key has already been used" is because you already have registered it with your email, just ignore it. :)

There is a problem for some of us with the "Profiles" options not working correctly and turning off the Windows Action Center", go into the GUI>Tools>Profiles. You can leave the Autopilot set to on if you wish but turn off the "Let Autopilot manage my Profiles", it will now stay in "Standard" mode and hopefully have no further problem with your Action Center turning off - well, it worked for me. :)

Ro.