Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Update Fails Constantly With Error Code -1004

Hello all,

after it initially worked for some days, for the last weeks Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 constantly reports error -1004 as result of an attempt to update virus signatures.

(This does not prevent the bold green status message "Your system is secure. Last update: today")

My internet connection uses a proxy and is reliable. Proxy settings in Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 are correct.

Customer support has opened a ticket but has been unable to provide a solution for about two weeks.

Can somebody give a hint?

As a last resort I downloaded the 127MB file weekly.exe and updated manually. The installer said to have finished successfully.

But how can I find out what signature version Bitdefender is using?

Thank you in advance

André

Comments

• Hello alehmann,

Firstly if you can post the number of your support ticket here hopefully someone from Bitdefender will take a look for you.

Secondly if you right click the BD icon in the system tray and choose "About" it will give you the definitions. At present mine reads 6604351 signatures and Engine version 7.56580.

• Firstly if you can post the number of your support ticket here hopefully someone from Bitdefender will take a look for you.

Secondly if you right click the BD icon in the system tray and choose "About" it will give you the definitions. At present mine reads 6604351 signatures and Engine version 7.56580.

Support ticket number is 2014081107380001

I couldn't find About information in the Bitdefender main window, thank you.

Today I installed new definitions using weekly.exe manually.

Now it reads 6619416 signatures and engine version 7.56572 - apparently manual update worked.

• Moldoveanu Marius
    Moldoveanu Marius Senior QA Engineer ✭✭✭

That error means that update could not connect to proxy or server. What kind of proxy are you using? Had you configured proxy usage in General settings -> Advanced?