Whats Best To For Win 8.1?

Hi

What product be best for windows 8.1 x64 PC?

Bitdefender: Windows 8 Security or Internet Security 2015 ?

Comments

• Hi

What product be best for windows 8.1 x64 PC?

Bitdefender: Windows 8 Security or Internet Security 2015 ?

Hello Caxap,

I have used them both and from a usage point of view there was little to choose between the two. Windows 8 Security is tailored specifically for that OS, however, Win 8 Security will run off the IS license key. You could always try running one on a 30 day trial, then the other, and then make your own choice.

Rohugh

• Hello Caxap,

I have used them both and from a usage point of view there was little to choose between the two. Windows 8 Security is tailored specifically for that OS, however, Win 8 Security will run off the IS license key. You could always try running one on a 30 day trial, then the other, and then make your own choice.

Rohugh

BD W8 Security uses a heck of a lot less memory in W8.1 August update than BDIS 2015 uses in W7-SP1, like about 200,000Kb less. Now there could be non BD factors affecting this like how W8.1 August update handles memory, a difference in the CPU etc. My W7-SP1 is running on an Athlon II computer and my W8.1 August update computers are running on Intel i5 computers. I have never installed BDIS 2015 on my Intel i5 computers or on my Athlon II running W8.X.

• I'm very disappointed by Bitdefender Windows 8 Security and uninstall it coz safe-banking complete freezing my new-game-class notebook!?! :(

5-10 min freezing!?! :(

And always try to install flasf plugin and that plugin never be installed :(

(I always have latest flash player)

My friend have w7 32bit and BDIS 2014 - works good

• Nesivos
    Nesivos
    edited September 2014
    I'm very disappointed by Bitdefender Windows 8 Security and uninstall it coz safe-banking complete freezing my new-game-class notebook!?! :(

5-10 min freezing!?! :(

And always try to install flasf plugin and that plugin never be installed :(

(I always have latest flash player)

My friend have w7 32bit and BDIS 2014 - works good

No real need for Safe-Pay. I never use it.

1. All banks worth their salt use HTTPS. Make sure your bank does throughout its website.

2. Never save you banking passwords anywhere but in your head.

3. Clean cookies after logging out of banking website.

4. Never enter your bank from a computer connected to the intenet with Wi-Fi including at home.

5. Never click on links in your email program that claim to take you to your bank's website.

6. Use a browser that will not allow entry into your bank website if the website's certificates are not valid.

7. Never click on any advertisements in your bank's website.

8. Check your bank account balances at least twice a week against an offline file or app.

Apps like Safe-Pay or any similar app from other AV vendors are probelmatic at best. Many people use them and like you often run into problems with them.

This discussion has been closed.