Updating Client

Is automatic to update the client like updating virus database?

Thx.

Comments

• Hello Einar,

Yes, if you have updates set to automatic in the General Settings of the GUI then everything will be updated when released. Usually when there is a program update you will be asked to reboot your computer for it to take effect, database updates do not require a reboot.

Ro.

• Hello Einar,

Yes, if you have updates set to automatic in the General Settings of the GUI then everything will be updated when released. Usually when there is a program update you will be asked to reboot your computer for it to take effect, database updates do not require a reboot.

Ro.

OK, thx, is this checked by default?, with previous 2013 version i can't remember a major update requiring a pc reboot. I've to review this later.

• OK, thx, is this checked by default?,

Yes it is.

post-175392-1410458713_thumb.jpg

• Yes it is.

Ok, i think i didn't see any reboots thanks to the postpone reboot option checked by default.

Thanks.

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    edited September 2014

Correct, although after a program update you will see a small light blue dot in the drop down on the top bar of the GUI. If you follow that through to Events>Update and click the update line it will tell you that you need to reboot to complete the update - of course it is up to you when you choose to do that or leave it as a natural shut down of your computer at the end of the day/restart the next day (without even being aware that it was there). :)