Bridged Mode Disabled Vmware Workstation 9

Working from home. I just installed Bit Defender 2015 Internet Security Suite. After the reboot Bridged Mode networking no longer works for my VMware Workstation 9 VM's. Forced to use NAT Mode which is a big problem for the way I work and the VPN connections I need to different data centers.

Looking through firewall rules but don't see a fix for this.

:wacko:

Comments

• Hi. Looking at you post, looks like you haven't tried to disable your firewall first. I'd recommend that just to isolate the issue if it's really the firewall causing this.

If it's the firewall, you can set the network adapter of the VMware Player was bridging to Trusted and Stealth mode off. 1.gif

• @ Lou P

If the Bitdefender firewall is blocking the connection when running a system in VMware Workstation with bridge mode connection, follow these steps to allow the internet connection on your VMware workstation:

- start VMware Workstation

- in the left panel select the workstation you installed Bitdefender on > select Settings...

- in the new window go to Network Adapter and make sure to select NAT: used to share the host's IP address > press OK to confirm

- next, bring up the Bitdefender interface on the main host > Protection > click on Firewall > go to Adapters tab > in the window that appears locate the VMware Network Adapter corresponding to your virtualized workstation and choose as follows:

* Network Type: Trusted

* Stealth Mode: Off

* Generic: On

then click Close to exit.

- on your VMware workstation apply these settings on the Bitdefender firewall: bring up the Bitdefender interface on the main host > Protection > click on Firewall > go to Adapters tab > in the window that appears locate the network adapter and choose as follows:

* Network Type: Home/Office

* Stealth Mode: Off

* Generic: On

Restart Windows and check if everything is working properly afterwards.

We are here for you should you require further assistance.