Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Did Firewall Test Tons Of Port Open?

Options

I went to https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2 (gibson research company)Secuirty. I did a scan called all service ports scan. There was tons of open ports and only a few that are stealth. I also did a test from alot site it said my firewall leaky and penatraed.

Comments

• I seen my windows firewall was on I turned it off. I agjusted bitdefender total 2015 firewall. I am not sure what it should be really set to. I am hooked right up to internet provider. I set my adapter to home/office/ stealth off/ generic on. I think this is right is it.

• Rohugh
    Options

Your adapter settings are correct and you are also correct in turning off the Windows Firewall. I also noticed when I downloaded Bit defender Total security on my Win 8.1 desktop the Windows Firewall was still on, I turned it off of course as running the two together can cause issues.

• I seen my windows firewall was on I turned it off. I agjusted bitdefender total 2015 firewall. I am not sure what it should be really set to. I am hooked right up to internet provider. I set my adapter to home/office/ stealth off/ generic on. I think this is right is it.

A word of advise relating to your results. Do you use a USB Modem to connect to the internet or a hardware router supplied by your ISP?

If router, check the firewall settings on that. If you have a router with firewall that is. GRC tests should be reflective of the firewall settings on your router.

Additionally, the stealth setting in Bitdefender should do exactly that. Stealth Ports. GRC ShieldsUp! should then show the stealthed ports green. Try turning stealth ON and see if it helps.

• A word of advise relating to your results. Do you use a USB Modem to connect to the internet or a hardware router supplied by your ISP?

If router, check the firewall settings on that. If you have a router with firewall that is. GRC tests should be reflective of the firewall settings on your router.

Additionally, the stealth setting in Bitdefender should do exactly that. Stealth Ports. GRC ShieldsUp! should then show the stealthed ports green. Try turning stealth ON and see if it helps.

Thanks

• I set my firewall setting up to home office /stealth on/generic on. I did a test again I pass the test SHIELDSUP! My firewall passed and couldn't be penetrated. Thanks

• You're welcome