Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

No Way To Exclude Vpn Process

I mentioned this problem in the Firewall forum a few weeks ago.

I run a VPN client which for security reasons creates a new directory with a random name. The executable does maintain a stable filename, but in Bitdefender you have to enter a full path to the .exe.

This will not work, as there is no way to know where that file will be running from.

This is a problem, because twice now BD has decided to block that process.

The solution is to exclude just the exe file. That would exlclude all running processes with that name, there are usually szeveral.

I seem to be getting a LOT of disk activity when the computer is sitting idle since insstalling BD 2015. I suspect this is due to BD trying to keep up with the VPN.

When the checkbox to scan SSL is off, there should be no "hooks" into the data stream, but I think it is still trying to look at the encrypted random data.

Also, since installing BD internet security, at 30 second intervals (exactly) there is a huge i/o spike that is over 18,000 microseconds which now and then causes a lost interrupt with bluescreen of death.

So far not sure which module is doing a "wait I/O call", which should never be used in Windows.

I'll continue debugging this and report on my findings.

Windows XP (SP3)

Bitdefender Internet Security 2015

Comments

• Seems lik you're still running on Windows XP. Have you considered upgrading? Anyways, please update us regarding your progress. 1.gif