Bis 2015 Slows Down Internet Browsing Speed

AAA111
edited November 2014 in Firewall

OS - Windows 8.1 x64 , BIS 2015 build 18.17.0.1227 , browser - Firefox

I have a slow internet connection, any decrease in browsing speed is immediately noticeable ,

I have now installed BIS 2015 twice & both times immediately noticed decrease in my browsing speeds , pages take long time to load , images dont load in email etc, in between the two installations i had no speed issues when i was using AVG 2015 .

I dont know which component of BIS is causing this, most probably its the firewall , is there any settings that can be changed to speedup browsing?

Comments

• Hiya,

Do you have the Toolbar and Search Advisor turned on (GUI>Protection>Web Protection), if so turn them off and check again.

Have you checked with another browser to see if the same happens? I use Firefox with a slow (pretty awful actually) ISP but don't notice any slowdown compared to other AVs and generally BD does not interfere with browsing very much.

Ro.

• Rohugh is correct. If it's a firewall issue, it either works or it doesn't. You could probably do what is suggested first. If it's still the same case, I'd suggest disable plugins one by one until you can notice that there is a difference in browsing speed already. 1.gif