Bluestacks Doesn't Work After Installing Bitdefender Is 2015

I'm using Bitdefender IS 2015 - Version: 18.17.0.1227, Engine 7.57785

After this problem has persisted at least since April 2013, (http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=44171), Could Bitdefender's Customer Service report to the developers in order to resolve this issue?

I want to use BlueStacks as before.

Although I put BlueStacks as a clear rule within Bitdefender's Firewall, BlueStacks fails to start.

I hope you are able to get this problem solved, otherwise, I look forward to some competitors Internet Security software.

Please find the answer of BlueStacks attached:

///

BlueStacks FAQ Admin (BlueStacks Support)

Nov 16 09:01

Hi Josy

Thank you for using BlueStacks. I am sorry to learn that you are experiencing this issue.

Our company had reached out to BitDefender in the past for resolving this issue in their product. However, we have not seen any progress on that front. Here's a thread from the BitDefender forum that may help you

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=44171

Please do let me know if I can be of any further help.

Regards,

BlueStacks Support

Comments

• While waiting for a fix, we can probably find a work around here. First, we need to know which BD module is causing this. Probably try to disable the modules one by one like real time protection, AVC and Firewall. Once we know which module it is, then we can figure out a way on how to add it up on the exception list. 1.gif

• I purchased a new HP laptop some months ago. Preloaded was a version of McAfee Internet Security and after some time it expired. It was suggested to me to buy new internet security vice using anything free. I did some internet research and found that BitDefender was highly regarded and recommended. I made the purchase of BitDefender Total Security 2015. After intalling it Bluestacks which had been install before BitDefender stop working. It had been working perfectly under McAfee up to that point. Troubleshooting my laptop I found a service named BlueStacks Android Service (BstHdAndroidSvc) that is not running. In the event viewer there is an error entry for BstHdAndroidSvc. Copying the event detail as text is get the following:

Log Name: Application

Source: BstHdAndroidSvc

Date: 11/26/2014 4:05:00 PM

Event ID: 0

Task Category: None

Level: Error

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: Dales-hplaptop

Description:

Service cannot be started. System.SystemException: Bitdefender antivirus HV.sys loaded ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Incorrect function

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at BlueStacks.hyperDroid.Service.Service.OnStart(String[] args)

at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceBase.ServiceQueuedMainCallback(Object state)

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="BstHdAndroidSvc" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">0</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2014-11-26T23:05:00.000000000Z" />

<EventRecordID>99895</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>Dales-hplaptop</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>Service cannot be started. System.SystemException: Bitdefender antivirus HV.sys loaded ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Incorrect function

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at BlueStacks.hyperDroid.Service.Service.OnStart(String[] args)

at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceBase.ServiceQueuedMainCallback(Object state)</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

As one can see Bitdefender antivirus is mentioned. Is there anyone that understands what is happing here?

• As one can see Bitdefender antivirus is mentioned. Is there anyone that understands what is happing here?

It's a ###### match. Bitdefender detects something Bluestacks does as virus-like activity, and it's something their interface doesn't allow you to whitelist. Bluestacks feels that their software works on systems without Bitdefender, and that it's something Bitdefender could fix, and that Bitdefender users could use another antivirus.. Bitdefender feels that their software works with lots of programs other than Bluestacks, and that therefore Bluestacks should fix it, and Bluestacks users could use something else.

It should be noted that while there are many good alternatives to Bitdefender, there aren't many for Bluestacks, and none of them come close to doing everything Bluestacks does. it's a lot easier to stop using Bitdefender than Bluestacks. There's also nothing that says the alternatives won't fall afoul of the same part of Bitdefender.

It's probably in Bitdefender's best interest to fix this more so than Bluestacks. I don't know how the code compares in ease of fix, though.

• I can't believe this issue hasn't been resolved by bitdefender yet. I first tried installing Bluestack over 12 months ago. Two weeks ago, I saw something using bluestack to run clash of clans on their PC and it reminded me of bluestack again and this same fcking problem is there. Horrible support ... you are right, it's easier to use a AV alternative than find a working alternative for bluestack. The former is what I will be doing.

It's a ###### match. Bitdefender detects something Bluestacks does as virus-like activity, and it's something their interface doesn't allow you to whitelist. Bluestacks feels that their software works on systems without Bitdefender, and that it's something Bitdefender could fix, and that Bitdefender users could use another antivirus.. Bitdefender feels that their software works with lots of programs other than Bluestacks, and that therefore Bluestacks should fix it, and Bluestacks users could use something else.

It should be noted that while there are many good alternatives to Bitdefender, there aren't many for Bluestacks, and none of them come close to doing everything Bluestacks does. it's a lot easier to stop using Bitdefender than Bluestacks. There's also nothing that says the alternatives won't fall afoul of the same part of Bitdefender.

It's probably in Bitdefender's best interest to fix this more so than Bluestacks. I don't know how the code compares in ease of fix, though.

• Basially Bluestacks isn't compatible with Bitdefender Antivirus officially but still if you like to Install Bluestacks along with Bitdefender antivirus installed on your system I would suggest you to go through the following fixes mentioned below...

The below give works absolutely fine where you will get modified Bluestacks Offline Installer that will pass the Bitdefender Antivirus Check....I hope you find this information helpful...Thanks

http://www.rushinformation.com/install-blu...ntivirus-fixed/

• Although it is a little technical, I think I found a way around this. I thought I would search Google once more for the search term "Bitdefender antivirus HV.sys" and found something interesting. In the Device Manager under System devices is a device labeled "BitDefender AVC HC". So I took a chance and disabled this device. I then attempted to start the "Bluestacks Android Service". It started just fine. I took another chance and re-enabled the "BitDefender AVC HC" device. The "Bluestacks Android Service" stayed running and Bluestacks started and ran just fine. The only issue is when I reboot and want to run Bluestacks I will have to repeat the process of disabling the device, starting the service and re-enabling the device after the reboot.

I think that if at the expiration of my BitDefender subscription and nothing gets done about this issue, I will not renew and go with an alternate to BitDefender Total Security.