Request Offline Installer Url For Bd Is 2015

garioch7
garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭

I am a small-time computer consultant in a rural community, who is a Bitdefender Total Security customer and have been so since 2011. But guess what, I sell a lot of AVG (I am not a reseller) because I can't get

an off-line installer to install a trial version of BDIS, which is what I would recommend to customers, unless I go to the BD website and enter the customer's email address and then endure the slow downloads here

in this rural community (800 kbits/s if you are lucky). I keep the AVG installer on my flash drive to avoid having to charge my clients for the time spent downloading. If I could get a URL for an offline installer for

BDIS, that is what I would install because eventually my customers, most of whom call me because they have been infected, will upgrade. I would at least like to upgrade them to BD, but BD makes it difficult.

I am not looking for a reseller percentage, just a URL so that I can install the BDIS trial first, without having to wait to download it. When folks' computers are infected, they want it fixed immediately.

I think I have seen, from time to time, a URL, on this Forum, but URLs get dated. I have searched the BD website, but if they have a trial offline installer, the URL is not obvious, at least to me.

Thanks and have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

Comments

• Hiya Phil,

Are not the ones in the pinned topic at the top of this forum the ones you want?

Ro.

• I am a small-time computer consultant in a rural community, who is a Bitdefender Total Security customer and have been so since 2011. But guess what, I sell a lot of AVG (I am not a reseller) because I can't get

an off-line installer to install a trial version of BDIS,

which is what I would recommend to customers, unless I go to the BD website and enter the customer's email address and then endure the slow downloads here

in this rural community (800 kbits/s if you are lucky).

------------------

------------------

Thanks and have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Hi Phil,

I had the same problem as you, in that I couldn't get the offline installer to run in Trial Mode, it asked for a key, and when I didn't have it, stopped the BD services. I don't know if it's just a glitch that BD needs to be aware of (thanks for posting this thread) for the offline installers?

I just installed BD on my sisters PCs yesterday, and she has the same situation in that she has rural connection speeds, and to have the offline installer at least show it's download progress is an excellent aide in seeing if a possible download error occurs, and in her case when she had previously tried to download the offline kit, got a "time out error". She was able to finally get it to download, but compared to the online installer, you may not know what's going on (no real visual aide).

I did get her up and running with my 2015 version I had downloaded to a USB.

But, as far as a URL download for a quick trial install, I don't know concerning that one, but I catch where you're coming from as with my sisters rural "install" experience.

Kind Regards,

Scott

• I think the next concern here would be the scheduled updates. Sometimes, virus database could be a huge one at some point and I just wish that there will be an offline/other alternative to this too. 1.gif

• You can still download weekly updates.

http://download.bitdefender.com/updates/bitdefender_2015/

• Thanks for posting the above link, Rampant, as it reminded me...do you remember when we we're trying to get a early public release version back in 2014, that Gini, or ONT found a URL link like you have above, for some downloads of the 2014 full install version?

Or, am I just getting that confused with the weekly update URL link, like you provided above? :blink:

• This link is only for weekly updates of virus databases, they are public references to the Installer package is not available.

http://download.bitdefender.com/updates/

• Thanks Rampant, that is probably what I had seen in the past, as I remember a lot of links being associate with it. Thank you for your time in finding it, and posting it :)

• Thanks Rampant, that is probably what I had seen in the past, as I remember a lot of links being associate with it.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=217810

:rolleyes:

• I didn't realize that had happened, as I took my "disconnect from the internet break" two or three weeks before that thread.

It sounds like you had a little bit of a "forced break", there yourself ^_^

• garioch7

Thanks Rohugh for pointing out the obvious to me, but will those offline installers activate a trial period? Most of my clients finally do get it and do upgrade to a paid version, usually AVG because it is so simple for me to install for them on a trial basis. I would install a BDIS trial if the offline installers will allow that. Colombo indicates that a key is still required to activate those offline installers, so that won't work for me and my clients.

I have to educate them on the benefits of a robust a/v solution, and I am very, VERY happy with BD, and would like to be recommending the best solution to them. If the offline installers won't offer the option of a trial period, like AVG and others, I guess BD will just have to continue losing potential customers. My rural clients mostly don't believe in viruses, even though their computers are infected with malware and other bad stuff. When you can show them a log, after a few weeks on trial, and they see for themselves what was blocked, they become TRUE BELIEVERS.

Any further advice/suggestions appreciated ... and sorry for the delay in following up my thread. I have been kind of busy, like most folks, in the last two days. Thanks all. Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    edited November 2014

Hllo again Phil,

Yes, trial period is there.

Download from the links I gave you, I put the BD IS on desktop, ran the installer and activated it as a 30 day trial (see attached screens). Make sure when it asks if you want to download the latest files to say NO otherwise it will use the internet, you or your customer can run an update at a later stage. I also transferred the installer to a USB so you could take it with you if you go to see customers, although I installed from the desktop.

Ro.

post-175392-1417386280_thumb.jpg

post-175392-1417386290_thumb.jpg

• Hi Phil :)

It sounds like I may have taken it to far and literally in a URL download sense, but at least Rampant and I caught up on some other nice "URL" download links ^_^

Nice follow up info. provided above, by Rohugh +1

• garioch7

Thank you, Rohugh, particularly for the tip not to permit the installer to download update files during installation. I will download the offline installers today and have them ready on my USB drive.

I will be much happier installing BDIS than AVG.

Thanks again, and have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil