Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

"anti Virus Signatures Are Outdated" Update On An Offline Computer

Options

Got a quick question. I have a Mac that I am now using exclusively offline. I have bitdefender installed there, and everyday, or every other day (I think, haven't timed it exactly), it turns yellow with the "Anti virus signatures are outdated" text on top. (I'll sometimes briefly connect to the internet just to download the update).

My question is, how does bitdefender realize that it needs an update without internet connection? I assumed it must just be a timed thing built into the software that comes up even without being connected to the internet, just want to confirm that. (I want to make sure my computer isn't somehow connected to the internet without my knowing).

Thanks!

Comments

• Rohugh
    Options

Hiya Revo142,

Bitdefender is set to look for updates on a regular interval, usually once per hour, obviously if it is not receiving those updates because you are not connected to the internet it is going to remind you about it. So yes, it will be a timed program response.

Ro.

• Revo142
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Hiya Revo142,

Bitdefender is set to look for updates on a regular interval, usually once per hour, obviously if it is not receiving those updates because you are not connected to the internet it is going to remind you about it. So yes, it will be a timed program response.

Ro.

Cool, thanks!