Total Security 2015 Multi-device Not Updating

Hello:-)

I installed BD Total Security 2015 late last night EST. I downloaded the initial update and got the message in my Events Log that I had to reboot which I did.

Since that time according to my Event Log I have received NO UPDATES.

Comments

• Hiya hawki,

There have been a number of automatic updates for my BD TS today. Have you tried running a manual update from the GUI?

I assume you are on Windows, if so you can always try a repair in case something was not downloaded correctly. Control Panel>Programs and Features>Bitdefender 2015 - double click and choose Repair. Let it complete and then reboot.

From the GUI check that your update is set to check hourly. GUI>Drop down on top bar>General Settings>Update

Ro.

• busterbuddy
    edited December 2014
    Hello:-)

I installed BD Total Security 2015 late last night EST. I downloaded the initial update and got the message in my Events Log that I had to reboot which I did.

Since that time according to my Event Log I have received NO UPDATES.

Had tried manual updates several times with NADA BUT,

I just noticed that I received one update approx. one hour ago :-) YAY! (at 2:37 PM EST)

EDIT: Sorry Rohugh didn't see your post above.

If I got one update I assume I am fully updated. Right?

• Hiya hawki,

There have been a number of automatic updates for my BD TS today. Have you tried running a manual update from the GUI?

I assume you are on Windows, if so you can always try a repair in case something was not downloaded correctly. Control Panel>Programs and Features>Bitdefender 2015 - double click and choose Repair. Let it complete and then reboot.

From the GUI check that your update is set to check hourly. GUI>Drop down on top bar>General Settings>Update

Ro.

It's been set to "Automatic"

• Hiya hawki,

Ro.

Hello again Rohugh :-) I forgot to thank you for taking the time to try to help me.

• I am not completely sure on details of TS Multi-Device yet, it is too new but as yours shows Bitdefender Total security right click the icon in the system tray and choose "About". It should show as the attached (the virus signatures may be slightly different).

post-175392-1417817429_thumb.jpg

• busterbuddy
    edited December 2014
    I am not completely sure on details of TS Multi-Device yet, it is too new but as yours shows Bitdefender Total security right click the icon in the system tray and choose "About". It should show as the attached (the virus signatures may be slightly different).

Thanks Rohugh :-)

Build No, is slightly different - the one you show: 7.58125 mine: 7.58161

I have 432 fewer virus signatures than shown by you.

What I find disturbing is that my EVENTS page shows absolutely NOTHING, no updates. It's set to show ALL dates and under UPDATES the page is totally empty.

I have used BD IS in the past two years for periods of time. I always wind up uninstalling it. My opinion of BD is they have a great engine housed in buggy software.

• busterbuddy
    edited December 2014

MORE: Not enough time to post edited version.

I am not completely sure on details of TS Multi-Device yet, it is too new but as yours shows Bitdefender Total security right click the icon in the system tray and choose "About". It should show as the attached (the virus signatures may be slightly different).

Thanks Rohugh :-)

Build No, is slightly different - the one you show: 7.58125 mine: 7.58161

I have 432 fewer virus signatures than shown by you.

What I find disturbing is that my EVENTS page shows absolutely NOTHING, no updates. It's set to show ALL dates and under UPDATES the page is totally empty.

I have used BD IS in the past two years for periods of time. I always wind up uninstalling it. My opinion of BD is they have a great engine housed in a buggy software package.

This version also gives me problems with Firefox on some pages. I select a page and I get a blank screen but the page adress is the one I selected. I have to reload the page to see it. Not enough reason to uninstall BD, But the update and blank EVENTS page might be.

As you may recall, yesterday after a about 12 hours I started seeing updates in my events page after seeing none after my initial one that required a reboot. The fact that I no longer see those updates that showed yesterday and see absolutely nothing on my UPDATES EVENTS page even when I set it to ALL is not inspiring confidence in the product. I have other security products with time remaining on their current licenses and if this continues I'm going to uninstall it and write it off. I'd probably try one repair and one clean reinstall before I did that. It's not a chea.p product that I would just want to throw away.

It would not be the first time I threw away money buying a Bitdefender product. Actually, I expected issues like this to occur. They always have in the past.

• Hawki,

The build and virus definitions are nothing to be concerned about, my build now shows 7.58163 - this always increases and time differences and location between us will account for the difference, and the virus definition numbers go up and down, up as important ones are added and down as they consolidate and compress them into files/folders.

It is strange that you are not getting updates, there have been several for me today. Hopefully one of the BD staff will see this and comment for you.

Ro.

• Hawki,

The build and virus definitions are nothing to be concerned about, my build now shows 7.58163 - this always increases and time differences and location between us will account for the difference, and the virus definition numbers go up and down, up as important ones are added and down as they consolidate and compress them into files/folders.

It is strange that you are not getting updates, there have been several for me today. Hopefully one of the BD staff will see this and comment for you.

Ro.

Thanks again Rohugh

The lack of updates is going to force me to uninstall it and wish I never bought it. $100 for a product that doesn't update is absurd.

This is not the only security forum I participate in. I am an active participant in other security and I intend to share my experience there so as others will not be screwed out of $100. In our nutso economy ijn the USA $100 is a lot of money for a lot of people. I can not in good conscience allow them to make the same mistake I have made. Bitdefender should be ashamed. A Flagship product that doesn't update when they make such a big deal of their BRAIN and being up tp the second with protection.

Perhaps it's my EVENTS page that's the problem and I am getting updates that are not being shown on my updates page. Whatever, I have never experienced anything like this with any other modern security product. It appears to be a fundamentally flawed product.

Are you using this product and are you getting updates?

My internet connection is hi speed and works fine.

I can't understamd this.

• busterbuddy
    edited December 2014
    Thanks again Rohugh

The lack of updates is going to force me to uninstall it and wish I never bought it. $100 for a product that doesn't update is absurd.

This is not the only security forum I participate in. I am an active participant in other security and I intend to share my experience there so as others will not be screwed out of $100. In our nutso economy ijn the USA $100 is a lot of money for a lot of people. I can not in good conscience allow them to make the same mistake I have made. Bitdefender should be ashamed. A Flagship product that doesn't update when they make such a big deal of their BRAIN and being up tp the second with protection.

Perhaps it's my EVENTS page that's the problem and I am getting updates that are not being shown on my updates page. Whatever, I have never experienced anything like this with any other modern security product. It appears to be a fundamentally flawed product.

Are you using this product and are you getting updates?

My internet connection is hi speed and works fine.

I can't understamd this.

My apologies to Bitdefender

Bitdefender Total Security offers such excellent protection, I decided to give it another chance.

I re-installed it very early this AM and am pleased to report that I have been receiving regular updates throughout the day, approximately once every hour.

Bitdefender is Rockin Again :-)

• Hi Hawki,

Glad you got it working now, I guess something must have glitched or corrupted on your previous install.

Ro.