Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Region Restrictions In Eu

gbassili
edited December 2014 in Install & register

From the August of 2013 BitDefender insist to set region restrictions in license activation inside of EU. Until today they did it 3 times.

For example if you buy a BitDefender license key from UK now you cannot activated in Greece or in another country of EU.

As we know this is absolutely ilegal. I am trying to use BitDefender products from Europe in EU countries and its failing, this I feel infringes on the Free Trade rights belonging to European Union Member countries, placing a filter and stopping the products working in the EU is against the law and I shall be reporting Bitdefender for this to all the relevant governing bodies.

By the way I 'm Software Distributor in Greece and I import BitDefender Products from other EU countries.

Please read carefully a part of email that one of my supplier had receive as an official answer from a BitDefender UK Distributor :

"Going forward, our UK licenses will not work outside the UK, this means they will not work in the rest of Europe, we are aware that this is in conflict with EU law, so we have approval from Bitdefender that if you have any individual licenses that are sold to anyone that bought their license from a retail out_let or through your site and lives outside the UK, we will be able to get individual licenses unblocked, if however, Bitdefender believe there is anyone trying to bend these rules, they will refuse to unblock licenses.

"

I was trying to call BitDefender. Nobody answer to me in their central offices in Romany.

I have an issue with 8 BitDefender licenses. Please tell me what to do.

Do you want to denounce you to the European competition committee or you will cancel all activation restrictions within the EU ??

I would like to remind you that Kaspersky LABS did the actions for 13 days from 13 Jan. 2010 up to 26 Jan. 2010. Then they took back all the activation restrictions within the EU.

I 'm expecting an official answer.

Thank you very much and please do not lock my topic.

Comments

• this is how poor BitDefender support is that they did not even reply to your message and its been 3 days. I have also contacted BitDefender support but they are useless and the most unhelpful support team on the planet.

• I will denounce them in the European Competition Commission.

My patience has been exhausted.

• Can someone from BitDefender give us some explains about this Region restrictions in UK Licenses Activation in EU ?

I 'm waiting many days but no one reply to my topic.

• vgon
    edited January 2015

Hi there,

I am from Greece and i bought the software from Herman Street eshop.

I have the same problem with gbassilli.

You have to help us or do refund. If i have to buy the product from Greece please let me know.

If this is the case, i had no idea about this. When i registered to the site where i bought the product i entered my real address.

The least you have to do is give us an answer to resolve the issue.

Thank you

• Hi,

I also face the same problem.

Yesterday I created a ticket and waiting for a reply.

At least someone from Bitdefender should reply about the regional restrictions and then give a solution asap.

I have already paid, the subscription is already active and counting, but I can't install the license.

Regards

• Hello all,

Can you send us more details regarding your situation at bitsy@bitdefender.com ?

or submit a ticket to Bitdefender Commercial team from this platform:

https://www.facebook.com/bitdefender/app_268724459959771

Thank you!

• Hello

I buy also from Herman street. Can't activate. Open ticket (2015011322100001), get response "go back to Herman" - 3 weeks of nothing!

Not from Herman, not from Bitdefender!

Is Israel is out of support, or it's just me???

How i can get my registration key?

Regards

Oleg

• Thank you for your message, Oleg.

We have received your email a few minutes ago. Someone from Bitdefender Commercial services will get in touch with you later today.

• Thank you for your message, Oleg.

We have received your email a few minutes ago. Someone from Bitdefender Commercial services will get in touch with you later today.

Thanks for quick respond!

Oleg

• Fresh update : after sending email to Bitdefender, issue was resolved!

Thanks

Regards

Oleg

• Good evening, today morning, I've purchased the Bitdefender antivirus plus 2015 on herman store, but unfortunately. as I get to the point of registering my product, it doesn't let me to use my licence serial.

My "region" is Czech Republic (EU). Since I wanted to figure it out ASAP, I sent msg as to Herman store, also to Bitdefender support - 2015020814510002 (ticket number).

I hope you help me to get through it,

Thank-you, Daniel

• @ Oleg: Glad to hear it, we were happy to help.

@ Nelaid: thank you for your message. Someone from Bitdefender commercial team will contact you in maximum 24 hours via ticket number 2015020814510002.

• @ Oleg: Glad to hear it, we were happy to help.

@ Nelaid: thank you for your message. Someone from Bitdefender commercial team will contact you in maximum 24 hours via ticket number 2015020814510002.

Thank-you for your fast reaction, I appreciate it ^.^

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

You're welcome, we were glad to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.