Does Reinstalling Of Bitdfender Leaves Any Leftover Documents/stuff From The Previous Installation T

ala
ala
edited December 2014 in Installation

Hi guys,

What i did:(i uninstall all program via control panel)

1.unistall microsoft security essentials

2.install bitdefender free AV 2014

3.uninstall bitdefender(cuz i read online that i should do a scan with malwarebytes w/o any av present before installing)

4.Install malwarebytes and ran a scan.

5.uninstall malwarebytes

6.Install bitdefender free av 2014.

*I restart my com after every uninstallation

I'm asking if the above steps will mess up my computer due to leftover files that weren't remove after such repeated installing/uninstalling?

Hope to hear from you guys, thank you so much.

P.S. I know i can just scan with malwarebytes by disabling bitdefender but i didn't know at first. But back to the qn: will the above steps screw up my com? if it did, how to troubleshoot?

Comments

• Hi guys,

What i did:(i uninstall all program via control panel)

1.unistall microsoft security essentials

2.install bitdefender free AV 2014

3.uninstall bitdefender(cuz i read online that i should do a scan with malwarebytes w/o any av present before installing)

4.Install malwarebytes and ran a scan.

5.uninstall malwarebytes

6.Install bitdefender free av 2014.

*I restart my com after every uninstallation

I'm asking if the above steps will mess up my computer due to leftover files that weren't remove after such repeated installing/uninstalling?

Hope to hear from you guys, thank you so much.

P.S. I know i can just scan with malwarebytes by disabling bitdefender but i didn't know at first. But back to the qn: will the above steps screw up my com? if it did, how to troubleshoot?

it shouldn't. if you were going from Bitdefender Free to another it might but there are no settings as such to mess up after re-installing that program.