Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Error Occurred During Update

Options

hi guys..straight to the point...i tried to update my 'BitDefender Antivirus 2008'...but an error occurred stating...."An error occurred during the update(Callback abort)"..all i want to know is, what causes this kind of error??

any help would be appreciated...thnx :)

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Do you have a license or a trial version ?!

• Hi!

I have the same problem and I use Internet Security 2008. It is licenced and I have 206 days left.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

• glorybe1
    Options

I have started having the same problem sort of. I have BDIS v10 and mine is set to automatically update BD every hour and when I check the log none of the the updates have worked for the last several days. They all have the error symbol on them and the text says-Error: Update cancelled. Stop the running scan process and retry.

Could it be related to the fact that I updated Windows to SP3 recently? Also since just about the same time as this started happening the Clicker.Trojan.cm somehow got on my computer and BD can't seem to get rid of it. Is it a coincidence or could the virus be stopping the update from completing? This all just gives me a headache because I know nothing about how to fix computers or software and waste hours at a time trying to figure things out on my own.:wacko:

Any help would be appreciated THNX!!!

• I have started having the same problem sort of. I have BDIS v10 and mine is set to automatically update BD every hour and when I check the log none of the the updates have worked for the last several days. They all have the error symbol on them and the text says-Error: Update cancelled. Stop the running scan process and retry.

Could it be related to the fact that I updated Windows to SP3 recently? Also since just about the same time as this started happening the Clicker.Trojan.cm somehow got on my computer and BD can't seem to get rid of it. Is it a coincidence or could the virus be stopping the update from completing? This all just gives me a headache because I know nothing about how to fix computers or software and waste hours at a time trying to figure things out on my own.:wacko:

Any help would be appreciated THNX!!!

This error is also occuring on our sbs 2003 server. After I reboot, the file server and exchange server will update, but after a few days, the automatic updates stop, and all i get is a reported, error occured during update.

This is for sbs 2003 server.

• alexcrist
    alexcrist
    edited June 2008
    Options

The "Callback abort" issue has been discussed before.

It was generated by a registry error that was fixed a while ago through LiveUpdate. However, not all products applied the patch correctly, so this error might still appear to unpatched installations.

The fix is simple: reinstall BitDefender (using the Uninstall Tool). After installation, make a full update and this time it should install correctly.

Cris.

• The fix is simple: reinstall BitDefender (using the Uninstall Tool). After installation, make a full update and this time it should install correctly.

I get really sick and tired of being told that uninstalling and reinstalling software is "simple" and that it is a perfectly acceptable solution to an ongoing problem.

Reinstalling buggy software is not FIX. It is a workaround. And it is unacceptable.

• Jamz58
    Options
    I get really sick and tired of being told that uninstalling and reinstalling software is "simple" and that it is a perfectly acceptable solution to an ongoing problem.

Reinstalling buggy software is not FIX. It is a workaround. And it is unacceptable.

I'm with you.

• I get really sick and tired of being told that uninstalling and reinstalling software is "simple" and that it is a perfectly acceptable solution to an ongoing problem.

Absolutely correct. This is ridiculous, I spend most of my time reinstalling BD.

I will use the uninstall tool mentioned here once more. However I certainly wont be re-installing the product,

i'll be taking my AV requirements elsewhere.

• kungfu
    edited January 2009
    Options

Me TOO have uninstalled/reinstalled atleast 30 Times already, gets really FRUSTATING, then it works or not for a few days and there you go again uninstall/reinstall ,

Although with the 2008 version there are less problems have to admit but as there are some that still arenot fixed and what I just understand will never will be fixed ,when will the problems with the 2009 will be fixed then ????

• Me TOO have uninstalled/reinstalled atleast 30 Times already, gets really FRUSTATING, then it works or not for a few days and there you go again uninstall/reinstall ,

Although with the 2008 version there are less problems have to admit but as there are some that still arenot fixed and what I just understand will never will be fixed ,when will the problems with the 2009 will be fixed then ????

I'm having similar issues...

BD worked great for a few days, then I noticed the "scan activity bar" stopped showing anything. I went into BD and it said the AV was active, although the box wasn't checked (nor were any of the other choices)

I attempted to check the boxes and it wouldn't let me. I attempted to do an update and it wouldn't let me.

No number of reboots fixed it so I uninstalled and re-installed BD.

Now I'm getting "an error occurred during the update..." and it won't update...scanning bar still shows no activity

The update server settings are the same as they've always been upgrade<dot>bitdefender<dot>com

I'm running Vista Home Premium SP1

I replaced Nod32 with BD because BD was cheaper - never had an issue with Nod32 before...MY BAD!

-Greg

• I'm having similar issues...

BD worked great for a few days, then I noticed the "scan activity bar" stopped showing anything. I went into BD and it said the AV was active, although the box wasn't checked (nor were any of the other choices)

I attempted to check the boxes and it wouldn't let me. I attempted to do an update and it wouldn't let me.

No number of reboots fixed it so I uninstalled and re-installed BD.

Now I'm getting "an error occurred during the update..." and it won't update...scanning bar still shows no activity

The update server settings are the same as they've always been upgrade<dot>bitdefender<dot>com

I'm running Vista Home Premium SP1

I replaced Nod32 with BD because BD was cheaper - never had an issue with Nod32 before...MY BAD!

-Greg

I have Vista Home Premium too......

• Rottie
    edited January 2009
    Options

Try using BD 2009

It works with your 2008 licence - below from tech support

Please follow the steps below in order to install Bitdefender v2009:

1. Use our uninstall tool in order to uninstall/delete any previous

BitDefender related files:

http://www.bitdefender.com/uninstall

Access the link and when the window with the BitDefender file appears, please

choose the "Save to disk" option. Save the tool on the PC, run it and restart

the computer when prompted.

2. Install BitDefender using the latest installation kit available for

download. Please note that you need to download (save) the installation kit

prior to running it.

The BitDefender Internet Security 2009 installation kit can be downloaded from

one of the 2 locations:

- 32 bit Vista compatible version (most commonly used version):

http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/de...ty_2009_32b.exe

- 64 bit Vista compatible version:

http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/de...ty_2009_64b.exe

The installation guide is available here:

http://www.bitdefender.com/site/KnowledgeBase/consumer/444/

During the setup process you will be prompted for your license key. Please use

the license key received when you purchased to register BitDefender.