Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Av / Manage Scans / Custom Task For D: Runs On C:

Options

I've just started using BD Internet Security 2015, and trying to create a custom scan to only scan the D: drive on my Windows XP Pro SP3 PC. I've organised the disks so that C: is the system partition with OS etc & D: is data. I want to save time by only doing a full scan of one drive at a time.

I define a new task & select the D: drive in the drive tree.

I select the new task & click 'start scan'.

It then starts to scan the C: drive, which is not what I defined.

Is this a bug? I want to save time here by having the choice of not scanning the C: drive.

Thanks in anticipation.

Comments

• columbo
    columbo
    edited December 2014
    Options

Hi, AR_UK, and welcome :)

As long as you have scan for; Boot Sectors; Memory; Registry; Cookies and Rootkits enabled in your Custom scan, BD will scan those areas of your C:/. You need to uncheck those boxes (as desired) in the Advanced tab/Modify/Misc settings. (left image)

Below is an example of having them unchecked, my D:/ (thumb drive, right image). With them checked, included the longer C:/ scan, scanning all the areas that were still checked.

post-4566-1419344542_thumb.jpg post-4566-1419344574_thumb.jpg

Hope this helps,

Scott

edit:sp

• alanrew
    Options
    Hi, AR_UK, and welcome :)

As long as you have scan for; Boot Sectors; Memory; Registry; Cookies and Rootkits enabled in your Custom scan, BD will scan those areas of your C:/. You need to uncheck those boxes (as desired) in the Advanced tab/Modify/Misc settings. (left image)

Below is an example of having them unchecked, my D:/ (thumb drive, right image). With them checked, included the longer C:/ scan, scanning all the areas that were still checked.

post-4566-1419344542_thumb.jpg post-4566-1419344574_thumb.jpg

Hope this helps,

Scott

edit:sp

Thanks for clarifying this: I had no idea there were so many settings buried away under the UI!

Will give this a try.

KR

Alan