Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd-is2008 Ver 11 - Can't Detect/sync Windows Mobile 6 Phone

Options

So I can't get my Vista PC to see that my Windows Mobile 6 phone (HTC Touch) is connected when I have BitDefender Internet Security 2008 installed.

It works fine the first time I have IS2008 installed and connect the phone. However, if I reboot or log off, it quits working. Even if I have IS2008 disabled, the PC and the phone won't see each other.

My phone will not appear witihn Device Manager's Mobile Device's section. Nor does the device appear in Computer.

I'm sure there's some ports that I need to open and I've read through some documents for other firewall software. However, I can't figure out how to get them to work with BD-IS2008.

One thing I find a pain is that I can't figure out how to specify port rules for a specific "network". Whenever my phone is not connected, BD does not allow me to even "see" it's network (168.254.2.0/24). Not to mention it randomly prompts me for a "new network - work/public) when I connect the device. Only then do I see the network, but I can't get any changes to save.

Here's my versions:

Vista Business SP1

BitDefender IS 2008 11.0.16 (earlier versions of 11 don't work either)

Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 for Vista

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Did you disable only the firewall or Bitdefender Security Center ?!

• tlynch
    Options
    Did you disable only the firewall or Bitdefender Security Center ?!

I disabled PC Security and Network Security. Not sure how to disable "Security Center" except for through services.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Not the Windows Security Center, the Bitdefender Security Center.

01_security_center.png

• tlynch
    Options
    Not the Windows Security Center, the Bitdefender Security Center.

My "Security Center doesn't match your image. I've attached mine.

Not sure how to link it though.

post-13232-1211841977_thumb.jpg

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

It's the same version ;)

BD IS 2008 ;)

Vista is 32 bit edition or 64 bit ?!

• tlynch
    Options
    It's the same version ;)

BD IS 2008 ;)

Vista is 32 bit edition or 64 bit ?!

Thought it was, just funny that the "buttons" are different. Vista is 32bit.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

The "buttons" are different because is not configured like yours !

But is the same version ;)

• daveschz
    Options

I'm having the same problem with Windows Ultimate x64 and my T-Mobile Shadow. I tried disabling the firewall through Internet Security but that doesn't help. I don't see a way to disable everything - firewall, antivirus, all of Internet Security. And I haven't looked at the Windows security in the control panel. Any thoughts? How do I set this up?

• I'm having the same problem with my Samsung SCH-i760 Verizon phone.

I'm by no means blaming BD in the slightest, but I have no idea where to turn to for a solution. The MSWM forums are useless. Howardforums were no help. Samsung has yet to get back to me.

The other odd thing is every time I "try" to connect my phone via USB to sync, BD tells me that uTorrent is trying to make a connection? Strange.

I tried to disable every component of BD IS 2008 by hand, with no luck.

• Niels
    Options

Hello Sal Khan,

Please try this open BitDefender by right clicking on the red BitDefender icon near the system tray. Press on open advanced settings. Navigate to the firewall section press on the advanced tabs be sure that allow all icmp traffic is enabled. Uncheck stealth mode. If you are using windows xp : Go to the traffic section of BitDefender firewall press on the add button by the select application path press on browse normally the default installation folder is Program Files,Microsoft ActiveSync,select each executable ( that are all files that are listed). You need to recreate a rule for each .exe file. By select protocol select TCP by select action select allow press on advanced by network events select all. By source address select any do the same thing by destination address. By each section (both source and destination address) by ports select specific you will now be able to enter number that are being described here. Don't forget to open the same port also by the destination source part press on ok. Be sure that by the add new rule by select action allow is still being selected press on add. You need also to create a rule for outbound connection also to do that do the same thing for creating a new rule by now select by protocol udp press again on advanced. By direction select outbond. By ports select specific and enter 5679 by the number section.

Try to temporary disable parental control.

Are you using an usb-hub? If so that can also be the problem please connect it to an usb port on your computer/laptop.

Kind regards,

Niels

• Did you ever get this to work?

Since I installed Vista SP1, I have been unable to sync any Windows Mobile devices (WM5 and WM6) - it either does nothing or goes into a "connect loop". I have no real evidence to directly blame BD for this, but other postings on this problem often blame the firewall. I wonder if you (or anyone else here) has experienced this?

Brian

• Did you ever get this to work?

Since I installed Vista SP1, I have been unable to sync any Windows Mobile devices (WM5 and WM6) - it either does nothing or goes into a "connect loop". I have no real evidence to directly blame BD for this, but other postings on this problem often blame the firewall. I wonder if you (or anyone else here) has experienced this?

Brian

I'm having the same sync problems with Windows Mobile now. It's definately to do with BD. If you uninstall BD, everything starts to work normally again! Another clue, BD support hasn’t exactly been forthcoming in helping to resolve this matter. This problem is becoming a major timewaster now.