Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender 2014 Uninstaller Tool Fails

Options

Win 7 system with BD Antivirus Plus had some problems, so we rolled it back to a Restore Point. After that, BD is stuck in 'loading services please wait'

Attempted repair/reinstall... nothing visible happens at all.

Attempted uninstall via Ctrl Panel... nothing visible happens at all.

Downloaded and ran the appropriate uninstall tool from here: http://www.bitdefender.com/site/view/unins...sumer_paid.html

The uninstaller just loops and never finishes. Watched it cycle three times and gave up.

Is there a way to manually remove bitdefender so that it can be reinstalled? (I have a support ticket in but so far no response)

Comments

• Rohugh
    Options

The 2014 uninstall tool you link to has at least 5 (maybe 6) cycles, general ones to start with then Antivirus, Internet Security and Total security, it can take some time so I suggest you didn't allow it sufficient time to complete everything. Try it again and let it finish.

Ro.

• The 2014 uninstall tool you link to has at least 5 (maybe 6) cycles, general ones to start with then Antivirus, Internet Security and Total security, it can take some time so I suggest you didn't allow it sufficient time to complete everything. Try it again and let it finish.

Ro.

Many thanks. I'll give that a try.

• Yes, it seems to have successfully completed now.

I don't seem to have edit access to mark the topic [solved] so if someone can do that...

• Rohugh
    Options
    Yes, it seems to have successfully completed now.

It is a bit frustrating watching all the un-install bars. -_- Glad it is sorted.

When you reinstall it will be worth downloading the 2015 version, you can use your existing license to validate it (it's free) and the latest version has quite a number of improvements.