Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Trojan Generic 268582[solved]

Options
bmarotta
edited May 2008 in Malware talk

During scan I am getting Trojan Generic 268582. It states that they have been deleted. Everytime it shows 11 files infected. Each time I scan it shows up again regardess to it saying it has been deleted. Any help or suggestions?

crysty2k'5 EDIT: SOLVED

Comments

• Please post the full path where the infected files are detected.

Regards!

• bmarotta
    Options

C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\uninst.exe=>(NSIS o)=>lzma_solid_nsis0002 Infected: Trojan.Generic.268582

C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\uninst.exe=>(NSIS o)=>lzma_solid_nsis0002 Disinfection failed

C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\uninst.exe=>(NSIS o)=>lzma_solid_nsis0002 Move failed

C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\Backup\ACS\Rollback\EU\acslaeu.exe=>(NSIS o)=>lzma_solid_nsis0002 Infected: Trojan.Generic.268582

C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\Backup\ACS\Rollback\EU\acslaeu.exe=>(NSIS o)=>lzma_solid_nsis0002 Disinfection failed

C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\Backup\ACS\Rollback\EU\acslaeu.exe=>(NSIS o)=>lzma_solid_nsis0002 Move failed

C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\Backup\ACS\Rollback\Suite\comps\acscore.exe=>(NSIS o)=>lzma_solid_nsis0002 Infected: Trojan.Generic.268582

C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\Backup\ACS\Rollback\Suite\comps\acscore.exe=>(NSIS o)=>lzma_solid_nsis0002 Disinfection failed

C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\Backup\ACS\Rollback\Suite\comps\acscore.exe=>(NSIS o)=>lzma_solid_nsis0002 Move failed

C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\Backup\ACS\Rollback\Suite\comps\acscore.exe=>(NSIS o)=>lzma_solid_nsis0056=>(NSIS g)=>lzma_solid_nsis0002 Infected: Trojan.Generic.268582

C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\Backup\ACS\Rollback\Suite\comps\acscore.exe=>(NSIS o)=>lzma_solid_nsis0056=>(NSIS g)=>lzma_solid_nsis0002 Disinfection failed

C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\Backup\ACS\Rollback\Suite\comps\acscore.exe=>(NSIS o)=>lzma_solid_nsis0056=>(NSIS g)=>lzma_solid_nsis0002 Move failed

C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\Backup\ACS\Rollback\Suite\comps\acslaeu.exe=>(NSIS o)=>lzma_solid_nsis0002 Infected: Trojan.Generic.268582

C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\Backup\ACS\Rollback\Suite\comps\acslaeu.exe=>(NSIS o)=>lzma_solid_nsis0002 Disinfection failed

C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\Backup\ACS\Rollback\Suite\comps\acslaeu.exe=>(NSIS o)=>lzma_solid_nsis0002 Move failed

C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\Backup\ACS\Rollback\Suite\comps\acslang.exe=>(NSIS o)=>lzma_solid_nsis0002 Infected: Trojan.Generic.268582

C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\Backup\ACS\Rollback\Suite\comps\acslang.exe=>(NSIS o)=>lzma_solid_nsis0002 Disinfection failed

C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\Backup\ACS\Rollback\Suite\comps\acslang.exe=>(NSIS o)=>lzma_solid_nsis0002 Move failed

C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\Backup\ACS\Rollback\Suite\comps\acsrollb.exe=>(NSIS o)=>lzma_solid_nsis0002 Infected: Trojan.Generic.268582

C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\Backup\ACS\Rollback\Suite\comps\acsrollb.exe=>(NSIS o)=>lzma_solid_nsis0002 Disinfection failed

C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\Backup\ACS\Rollback\Suite\comps\acsrollb.exe=>(NSIS o)=>lzma_solid_nsis0002 Move failed

C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\Backup\ACS\Rollback\Suite\comps\ecuinst.exe=>(NSIS o)=>lzma_solid_nsis0002 Infected: Trojan.Generic.268582

C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\Backup\ACS\Rollback\Suite\comps\ecuinst.exe=>(NSIS o)=>lzma_solid_nsis0002 Disinfection failed

C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\Backup\ACS\Rollback\Suite\comps\ecuinst.exe=>(NSIS o)=>lzma_solid_nsis0002 Move failed

C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\Backup\ACS\Rollback\Suite\comps\ecuinst.exe=>(NSIS o)=>lzma_solid_nsis0015=>(NSIS g)=>lzma_solid_nsis0001 Infected: Trojan.Generic.268582

C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\Backup\ACS\Rollback\Suite\comps\ecuinst.exe=>(NSIS o)=>lzma_solid_nsis0015=>(NSIS g)=>lzma_solid_nsis0001 Disinfection failed

C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\Backup\ACS\Rollback\Suite\comps\ecuinst.exe=>(NSIS o)=>lzma_solid_nsis0015=>(NSIS g)=>lzma_solid_nsis0001 Move failed

C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\Backup\ACS\Rollback\US\acslang.exe=>(NSIS o)=>lzma_solid_nsis0002 Infected: Trojan.Generic.268582

C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\Backup\ACS\Rollback\US\acslang.exe=>(NSIS o)=>lzma_solid_nsis0002 Disinfection failed

C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\Backup\ACS\Rollback\US\acslang.exe=>(NSIS o)=>lzma_solid_nsis0002 Move failed

C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ECU\uninst.exe=>(NSIS o)=>lzma_solid_nsis0001 Infected: Trojan.Generic.268582

C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ECU\uninst.exe=>(NSIS o)=>lzma_solid_nsis0001 Disinfection failed

C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ECU\uninst.exe=>(NSIS o)=>lzma_solid_nsis0001 Move failed

• vlad
    Options

It's a false positive; the next update should fix it.

• It's a false positive; the next update should fix it.

It's a false positive; the next update should fix it.

The next update of what? Next update of Bit or next update of AOL?

I have fought this same trojan.generic.268582 for two days now and spent extensive time with Bitdefender Tech support as well as AOL support as this file (I think exclusively) attaches itself to AOL files. When I reformatted and reinstalled my system (not knowing everything from where this trojan generated from) re downloaded AOL to have this sucker AGAIN breech Bit defender's guard to the same extent. Bit kills maybe a third of the breeches at best. This supposed trojan snuck in DURING the AOL download supporting the fact that it is coming from AOL servers. After full reinstall of AOL this baby continues to knock on doors faster than Bit can handle and sneeks through to the exact same files that everyone else is experiencing.

I had suspected that this may really not be an alien intruder however just today Bit tech support sent me directions to remove this/these files to no avail. They attach themselves to password protected archives and can not be deleted (at least by my hand) If this is not really a bug then Bitdefender in unaware of this. (at least as of 1pm Pacific Time May 24)

I appreciate any information you may have.

Thank you,

Tony

Las Vegas, NV (Why people love Vegas I have NO IDEA)

• alexcrist
    Options

What Vlad meant is that the files are clean!

They were just false positives (clean files wrongly marked as infected), and the detection should be removed in the next BD Definitions update (maybe it has already been removed).

Cris.

• What Vlad meant is that the files are clean!

They were just false positives (clean files wrongly marked as infected), and the detection should be removed in the next BD Definitions update (maybe it has already been removed).

Cris.

Thanks Cris! Understood. I sure wish that the Bit team would have known this a day and a half ago though. Well .... good habit to do a clean restore twice a year anyways. I will get in touch with Bit to verify.

While I am typing ....

When I owned my old XT machine I had done some extensive research on back up programs (hoping that all a good backup program would do is save the programs etc. making reinstall easier as I am in the habit of formating and reinstalling every 9 months or so) I ended up getting PC Backup. When I finally went to use the thing it failed miserably. Do you have any recommends for backup software? Does the Vista backup do an 'ok' job. I understand that the lesser choices back up the garbage as well as the needed software.

Thank you for your time,

Tony

• lost77
    Options

just updated bd and problem gone...