I Would Like Bd To Not Use 100% Of My Disk For Five Minutes After I Turn On Computer

Every time I turn on the computer Bitdefender uses 100% of the disk updating. It usually takes about five minutes. Five minutes where I really can't do anything else on the computer with any speed. Is this normal?

Comments

• Five minutes?

boy I don't have that issue, do you have "scan at start up" disabled? that may be what's slowing you down also.

• Five minutes?

boy I don't have that issue, do you have "scan at start up" disabled? that may be what's slowing you down also.

Nope, it's turned off. (But I'll double-check when I get home.)

• Nope, it's turned off. (But I'll double-check when I get home.)

And, in a completely unrelated issue--do you know how to change a password here? I go to settings and I see nothing.

• daman1
    edited February 2015
    And, in a completely unrelated issue--do you know how to change a password here? I go to settings and I see nothing.

Click on the "HELP" tab in the upper right,then "Recovering lost or forgotten passwords" and follow the prompts.

• And, in a completely unrelated issue--do you know how to change a password here? I go to settings and I see nothing.

If you are talking about this forum, click "My Controls" at the top right of this window and then "Change Password on the bottom left.

Ro.

• If you are talking about this forum, click "My Controls" at the top right of this window and then "Change Password on the bottom left.

Ro.

Thanks!

• Nesivos
    Nesivos
    edited June 2015
    HELP!

I desperately need to uninstall BitDefender. It has turned my MacPro 2 x 3.2 into a boat anchor. It slows it down so much I can't get anything done.

The BitDender uninstall tools do not work on OS 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard).

Does anyone know of a way to remove BitDefender from OS 10.6.8?

Or will I have to completely reinstall my entire system?

BitDefender is malware! (No its not. See below)

-Steve

who made the mistake of getting BitDefender from TechSoup for the nonprofit environmental group he works for

Bitdefender AV for Mac is not designed to run on Snow Leopard. If possible I suggest you may want to upgrade your OS to at least OX X Lion 10.7.5

You may install Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac only on Intel-based Macintosh computers with OS X Lion (10.7.5), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5) or OS X Yosemite (10.10 or later) installed.