Install Total Security 2015 W/io Bit Malware Fighter 3 Pro

I installed Total Security 2015 first then turned off the shields for installation of Malware Fighter. I wanted to see if there are exclusions and such to set in Bitdefender so as not to run into conflicts down the line. IO Bit just seem to make a general statement that it's compatible will all major antivirus software without specifics, so I'm hoping someone here have tested the same combination and know what might be needed.

Comments

• Hiya,

It is not recommended that Bitdefender is run alongside other security programs that have active scanners as there could be conflicts. I have not used that particular program but I would advise not using it as it is not necessary.

Ro.

• I know that's the general rule, but it seems this is in the category of programs like Malwarebytes Anti-Malware which are designed to work with an AV in a complementary setup. Unless there is a Malware component that is in Total Security this is really a different situation. I understand it would not be supported by Bitdefender but you need to understand the nature of the program is not the same as another antivirus. Malwarebytes for example provides detailed instructions on how to set up exclusions in both programs although it doesn't even seem to be needed most of the time, IO Bit just does not seem to have that kind of detailed support.

• Bitdefender have an Adware Removal Tool that is available as a separate download but is included in their antivirus programs. Whilst other antmalware tools suggest they can be installed alongside AV programs (of course they do!) conflicts have been found and the official line is not to use them.

Maybe you should wait and see if any other members have experience with BD and Malware Fighter but I still stand by my "Do not use" reply. :mellow:

• Hello.

It says my license key is invalid and 0 days remained.

The code key was purchased on mid. January 2015.

Best,

Eran

• Hello.

Hi Eran,

I replied to your other topic here advising you to contact Bitdefender support.

Ro.

• I was looking for _specific_ information in the first place. It's actually ironic that you are offering a general blanket statement the same as IO Bit is. Of course they do, and of course you are saying don't use anything else along side Bitdefender. Malwarebytes on the other hand has provided specific information and I've never had an issue, including one system with Bitdefender Internet Security. I was only curious about the IO Bit product, it's kind of funny how different the feedback from the respective forums are and these general advice is given when a very specific question is asked.