Bitdefender Installation Strangely Interrupted

I was trying to install Bitdefender Plus 2015, I click the installer and get to the first window that says "Welcome to Bitdefender... we need to remove any other antivirus solutions.", after clicking "Continue" the Asus AI Suite 3 uninstaller pops up, and when I close the uninstaller, nothing happens, the installation doesn't resume !

I get from this that AI Suite needs to be removed (for some strange reason) for the installation to be completed ??!

I can not do that, I have a $2500 high end gaming PC, and I use AI Suite to control my 8 high performance fans connected to my Sabertooth Z97, and to monitor thermal performance and other aspects of my CPU and GPUs.

Simply put I am not going to sacrifice the control of my $2500+ PC for a $30 Antivirus, no matter how good it is.

So how do we go about this ?

Comments

• I was trying to install Bitdefender Plus 2015, I click the installer and get to the first window that says "Welcome to Bitdefender... we need to remove any other antivirus solutions.", after clicking "Continue" the Asus AI Suite 3 uninstaller pops up, and when I close the uninstaller, nothing happens, the installation doesn't resume !

I get from this that AI Suite needs to be removed (for some strange reason) for the installation to be completed ??!

I can not do that, I have a $2500 high end gaming PC, and I use AI Suite to control my 8 high performance fans connected to my Sabertooth Z97, and to monitor thermal performance and other aspects of my CPU and GPUs.

Simply put I am not going to sacrifice the control of my $2500+ PC for a $30 Antivirus, no matter how good it is.

Hi mursie,

Welcome on this forum.

No need to put your sentences in bold characters, they will be read as well.

Maybe, you could deactivate first AI Suite, then reinstall it?

Anyway, there is a some old issue concerning AI Suite (link below):

the advice given is to contact Bitdefender Support directly. (or maybe an admin on this forum?)

Asus AI Suite

Wait for the tech geek to give you the smoothest way to settle the case.

Good luck,

Regards,

L.

• Hi mursie,

Welcome on this forum.

No need to put your sentences in bold characters, they will be read as well.

Maybe, you could deactivate first AI Suite, then reinstall it?

Anyway, there is a some old issue concerning AI Suite (link below):

the advice given is to contact Bitdefender Support directly. (or maybe an admin on this forum?)

Asus AI Suite

Wait for the tech geek to give you the smoothest way to settle the case.

Good luck,

Regards,

L.

How do one contact BD support directly ?

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

I was trying to install Bitdefender Plus 2015, I click the installer and get to the first window that says "Welcome to Bitdefender... we need to remove any other antivirus solutions.", after clicking "Continue" the Asus AI Suite 3 uninstaller pops up, and when I close the uninstaller, nothing happens, the installation doesn't resume !

Hello mursie,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately, there is no available workaround for this. Please read carefully our knowledge-base article indicated below - including the Microsoft article it refers to:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/-1209.html