Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

What Web Protection Do I Need To Have On For Chrome ?

Options

I know Chrome is pretty secure browser and i have ADblock Plus extension which has most of the features in BD WEB PROTECTION tab already enabled. Also i use OpenDSN for my DSN servers which has a certain degree of malware and anti phishing protection as far as not allowing access to know pages. So with that being said sometimes to much is not better. The reason i am asking is because i shut off all the tabs in BD WEB PROTECTION and holy cow chrome was blazing fast and OK GOOGLE worked for the first time lol. I am all about security over speed because i learn about my pc through surfing sites i have know idea who made so any thoughts? I think it would be cool to use OK GOOGLE again. :unsure:

Comments

• quotidian
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I know Chrome is pretty secure browser and i have ADblock Plus extension which has most of the features in BD WEB PROTECTION tab already enabled. Also i use OpenDSN for my DSN servers which has a certain degree of malware and anti phishing protection as far as not allowing access to know pages. So with that being said sometimes to much is not better. The reason i am asking is because i shut off all the tabs in BD WEB PROTECTION and holy cow chrome was blazing fast and OK GOOGLE worked for the first time lol. I am all about security over speed because i learn about my pc through surfing sites i have know idea who made so any thoughts? I think it would be cool to use OK GOOGLE again. :unsure:

I suspect you'll be fine without BD web protection. If you're really worried about security, adding NoScript on top of AdBlock would give you an extra layer of protection, but it's probably not necessary.

Chrome has pretty good security on its own, including a rudimentary safe browsing filter and a very good sandboxing system. Because there are a lot of eyes on it issues get fixed quickly. As you've probably gathered from this forum while BD web protection has a much better filtering system than Chrome, it has its own issues with SSL handling that BD seems to be uninterested in fixing. I'd bet even money that there are more unpatched holes in BD than there are in Chrome currently.

Since you're still running BD as AV, if anything were to get out of Chrome's sandbox, you still have BD AV as a last resort.