How To Block Several Ip Addresses For All Applications?

In Bitdefender Firewall (part of Total Security 2015), how do I:

Block a set of IP addresses (26 of them, IPV4) so that they are all in effect for any protocol and all apps?

- I can't use HOSTS file, as these are IP addresses, not domain names.

- I can't use BitDefender Firewall "Create Rule" as it complains about "Invalid Application Path" if I don't specificy an application (I want it to be a generic rule, not an app specific rule).

- The "General Rules" are not editable (so I can't retrofit one of them to be an all-purpose IP-address blocking rule.

So how is this accomplished in BitDefender Firewall?

It's a pretty basic feature, one would think it would be a standard feature in the NSA ridden world of 2015... Most of my Firewall software from way back in 2009 could do this, and easily, even for a list of IP addresses....

Comments

• Nobody knows?

Ah well, time to switch back to Kaspersky. At least they are not so behind the times.

I mean, how to you block the NSA/GCHQ and other hard-coded IP addresses in BitDefender?

Apparentely it's not a "total security" issue :-D

• Nobody knows?

Ah well, time to switch back to Kaspersky. At least they are not so behind the times.

I mean, how to you block the NSA/GCHQ and other hard-coded IP addresses in BitDefender?

Apparentely it's not a "total security" issue :-D

Hi regman,

Too late!

As soon as you plainly wrote N???S??A on the forum the spoc are on your track! They know your blood pressure, the number of your brain cells!

You know every big companies give them your messages before delivering them!

Follow Monsieur Édouard NeigeTerrier's advice: Put your cell phone in the fridge!

Regards,

L.