Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Getting Error 1018

timeless
edited April 2015 in Update

up till today lve not had any problems updating, nothing has changed since yesterday. last update was done around 2pm UK time on the 15th, as l set my version to do updates once a day the next update was due around 2am on the 16th however updates have been failing with error 1018 and lve no clue why.

is it just me? server issues? because lve no clue as to why l cant update at the second and ld rather have a secure system than one with outdated virus defs.

(by the way, lm using Internet Security 2015 version of the software)

Comments

• no sooner do l make this post l found a way to resolve the issue.. (located here)

turns out the update address was the issue, the default one was hxxp://upgr-mmxiii.cdn.bitdefender.net and just for amsement l tried changing it to hxxp://upgrade.bitdefender.com, my BD is now reporting its definitions are up to date.

• up till today lve not had any problems updating, nothing has changed since yesterday. last update was done around 2pm UK time on the 15th, as l set my version to do updates once a day the next update was due around 2am on the 16th however updates have been failing with error 1018 and lve no clue why.

is it just me? server issues? because lve no clue as to why l cant update at the second and ld rather have a secure system than one with outdated virus defs.

(by the way, lm using Internet Security 2015 version of the software)

I'm using Version 3.6 (3.6.9942) on MacBook Air OS X 10.10.5. Where can I find and modify the backup address?

• if your on the 2015 version (not sure how different it is from the 2016 version) they can be found if you navigate to "general settings" click the "update" tab and youll find the information there, its as simple as changing the url to one of the other update servers (posted above just change xx to tt obviously) just change it to a different one from which you were using.

This discussion has been closed.