Bitdefender Stops Internet

Hi,

my internet connection stops working from time to time. It was not happening until I started using BD. Internet works after start-up but later on it stops (not every day but quiet often). Then i have to restart a pc to have my internet connection back. What i noticed is when this happens BD uses about 25% of CPU, normally it is 0%. Sometimes it happens more than once a day. I have changed my stealth adapter settings from remote to off but it did not help.

I have no idea what to do because everybody just talk about a situation when internet stops working after installing BD but this is not my case.

Thanks for any ideas you might have

Comments

• Hi,

my internet connection stops working from time to time. It was not happening until I started using BD. Internet works after start-up but later on it stops (not every day but quiet often). Then i have to restart a pc to have my internet connection back. What i noticed is when this happens BD uses about 25% of CPU, normally it is 0%. Sometimes it happens more than once a day. I have changed my stealth adapter settings from remote to off but it did not help.

I have no idea what to do because everybody just talk about a situation when internet stops working after installing BD but this is not my case.

Thanks for any ideas you might have

The same happened to me. Then I changed the adapter settings to "Network Type : Trusted", and now the Internet is working Ok. But I don't like this, because I think that config to "trusted" is a security problem.

I think it is a bug in Bitdefender which have to be corrected as soon as possible.

• The same happened to me. Then I changed the adapter settings to "Network Type : Trusted", and now the Internet is working Ok. But I don't like this, because I think that config to "trusted" is a security problem.

I think it is a bug in Bitdefender which have to be corrected as soon as possible.

This also happens to me - tried working with all the combinations (from home to trusted to remote on/off) for my local ethernet adapter and the internet only works when the firewall is completely OFF.

This started happening when I started using a MacBook on the network (running Yosemite 10.10.3 with the infamous discoveryd issues) and a bluetooth keyboard.

I have a bluethooth adapter plugged in the PC and I use it to switch the keyboard between the MAC and the Windows desktop.