Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Firewall Blocking Filezilla Directory Listing Retrieval

Options
angrypoonani
edited May 2015 in Firewall

Reference Topic Title.

When the bitdefender firewall is disabled I can get the directory listing no problem and continue work over FTP in the current directory. While the firewall is enabled, the connection will time out due to the LIST command return value. This is only an issue on some sites that I FTP into. It works fine when I FTP into AWS instances.

Command:    LIST
Response:    150 Here comes the directory listing.
Error:    Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity
Error:    Failed to retrieve directory listing

Windows 7 64 (build 7601)

BitDefender 2015 Total Security

FileZilla 3.10.3

Comments

• angrypoonani
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Reference Topic Title.

When the bitdefender firewall is disabled I can get the directory listing no problem and continue work over FTP in the current directory. While the firewall is enabled, the connection will time out due to the LIST command return value. This is only an issue on some sites that I FTP into. It works fine when I FTP into AWS instances.

Command:    LIST
    Response:    150 Here comes the directory listing.
    Error:    Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity
    Error:    Failed to retrieve directory listing

Windows 7 64 (build 7601)

BitDefender 2015 Total Security

FileZilla 3.10.3

For anyone faced with the same problem in the future:

I was FTPing over TLS and to fix the directory listing time out I had to turn the adapter stealth mode to off.

Protection>Firewall>Adapter Tab>Stealth Mode Column>Off (Total Security 2015)

• For anyone faced with the same problem in the future:

I was FTPing over TLS and to fix the directory listing time out I had to turn the adapter stealth mode to off.

Protection>Firewall>Adapter Tab>Stealth Mode Column>Off (Total Security 2015)

blah, that ######. this would be totally annoying. to have to turn it on and off every time. need to find another way to just allow access w/o the hassle of turnning it on and off everytime.