Update Failure For Internet Security

I noticed "You are vulnarable" today and when I tried to fix it, it briefly says that it was fixed and soon displays "failed" status. When I clicked "Update" button nothing happens. Nothing is listed in the Even window. That last entry in the event window is successful update on 8th May. Any idea what's happening? I searched for update errors on web and did not find any.

post-190577-1431346340_thumb.jpg

Comments

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭

Hello sandeepshampur,

I note you are using either a promotional version or a trial version, not that it should make any difference with updates, but it may be a temporary connection issue with the BD servers, try again from the manual update on the Bitdefender GUI. What does the blue spot lead to on your drop-down?

If you get no joy in the next few hours, post here again.

Ro.

• I tried manual update again today and it appeared to work until my display became purple (I am using Windows 8.1 Home) and I could not even get back to Windows desktop. I did a shutdown by pressing power button once and the system did not shutdown properly. I rebooted and I do not see the "You are vulnerable" message now. However, the last successful update in Event log shows that is was on 8th. I tried manual update again, and now I get 1002 error. Will try something else.

Rohugh, the blue dot was leading to update event where it was showing failures at different times. This is normal as I am not connected to internet always.

post-190577-1431426594_thumb.jpg

• Strangely, the automatic update worked without any change to settings. I did get response from customer support as below (to help those who face same issue) but I did not have to do it.

- Go to: Start->type: ncpa.cpl in the search box ->OK

- Right click on your Local Area Connection and go to Properties.

- Next double click on Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and in the new window put a checkmark under: Obtain DNS server address automatically and hit OK.